|B4||Maybe Next Year||2:57|
- Alto Saxophone – Joe Maini (tracks: A3, B1, B2), Lennie Niehaus (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to A6, B3 to B5)
- Arranged By, Conductor, Composed By – Duane Tatro
- Artwork – William Claxton
- Baritone Saxophone – Bob Gordon (2) (tracks: A5, B3 to B5), Jimmy Giuffre (tracks: A1 to A4, A6 to B2)
- Bass – Ralph Pena*
- Drums – Shelly Manne
- Engineer – John Palladino
- French Horn – Joe Eger* (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to A6), Vincent DeRosa (tracks: A3, A5, B1 to B5)
- Liner Notes – Duane Tatro, Lester Koenig
- Photography – William Claxton
- Producer – Lester Koenig
- Tenor Saxophone – Bill Holman
- Trombone [Valve] – Bob Enevoldsen
- Trumpet – Stu Williamson
(From Rear Cover)
Turbulence, Folly, Multiplicity & Backlash were recorded September 13, 1954 under the direction of DUANE TATRO, with: STU WILLIAMSON, trumpet; BOB ENEVOLDSEN, valve trombone; JOE EGER, french horn; LENNIE NIEHAUS, alto sax; BILL HOLMAN, tenor sax; JIMMY GIUFFRE, baritone sax; RALPH PENA, bass & SHELLY MANNE, drums.
Outpost, Maybe Next Year, Conversation Piece & Low Clearance were recorded April 4, 1955 with same personnel except VINCENT DE ROSA played french horn and BOB GORDON, baritone sax.
Dollar Day, Easy Terms & Minor Incident were recorded November 1, 1955 with same personnel as the preceding session except JOE MAINI, Jr. played alto sax and JIMMY GIUFFRE, baritone sax.
All eleven selections were composed and orchestrated by Duane Tatro; are copyright © 1956 by Contemporary Music, and cleared for public performance through BMI.
Recorded in Los Angeles under the supervision of Lester Koenig. John Palladino was the recording engineer.
TECHNICAL DATA: 30-15,000 cycles. Multiple microphone technique with AKG C-12 condenser microphones. Mastering on Scully lathes, Westrex feedback cutting heads, heated stylus, inner diameter quality equalization. Vinylite "Gruve/Gard" pressings.
Cover photo and design by William Claxton, showing General Motors' gas turbine Firebird II (rear view) at the GM Motorama 1956. Used by permission.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: LKL-12-41-02, LKL-12-42-02