Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Running On Empty||5:20|
Written-By – Danny O'Keefe
Harmony Vocals – Doug Haywood, Joel Bernstein Written By – Jackson Browne & Donald MIller Written-By – Donald Miller (2)
|A4||You Love The Thunder||3:52|
Lyrics By [Additional] – Glenn Frey, Jackson Browne Written-By – Rev. Gary Davis
Written-By, Harmony Vocals – Danny Kortchmar
Love Needs A Heart
Written By – Lowell George, Valerie Carter & Jackson Browne Written-By – Lowell George, Valerie Carter
Nothing But Time
Drums [Snare, Hi-hat, Cardboard Box With Foot Pedal] – Russell* Written By – Jackson Browne & Howard Burke Written-By – Howard Burke
Written By – Jackson Browne & Bryan Garofalo Written-By – Bryan Garofalo
Vocals [Featuring A Rare Vocal Appearance By] – David Lindley Written-By – Maurice Williams
- Art Direction, Design – Jimmy Wachtel
- Bass – Leland Sklar
- Coordinator [Tour Booked By] – Peter Golden
- Crew [Bus Driver] – Thomas Gustaferro
- Crew [House Mixer] – Jim Bornhorst
- Crew [Monitor Mixers] – Bill "Doc" Gans, Rance Caldwell
- Crew [Road Crew] – Bill Thompson (8), Ed Kolakowski, Eric Deterding, Jan Alahandro, Michael Deterding
- Crew [Truck Drivers] – Byron Lisenbee, Jimmy Deluca, Mike "Mountain Boy" Rogers
- Drums – Russell Kunkel*
- Engineer – Greg Ladanyi
- Fiddle, Steel Guitar [Lapsteel] – David Lindley
- Guitar [Guitars] – Danny Kortchmar
- Guitar, Piano – Jackson Browne
- Keyboards – Craig Doerge
- Lighting [Lighting Crew] – Alan Owen (2), Jim Waits, Kevin Di Piazza
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By [Assisted By] – Dennis Kirk, George Ybarra
- Other [Spasmodic Woman] – Joann Madden
- Other [The Kid] – Steven Deluca
- Photography By [Where Noted] – Aaron Rapoport
- Photography By, Photography By [Tour Photographer] – Joel Bernstein
- Producer – Jackson Browne
- Production Manager – Donald "Buddha" Miller*
- Production Manager [Tour Manager] – Howard Burke
- Recorded By [Assisted On Hotel And Bus Recordings By] – David Hewitt, Mark Salwasser, Norman Mershan*
- Recorded By [Assisted On Stage Recordings By] – Russell Schmitt, Tom Walsh (3)
- Technician [Technical Advisor] – Chris Cabral
- Vocals [Singers] – Doug Haywood, Rosemary Butler
- Written-By – Jackson Browne (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B2 to B4)
Comes with a 4-page booklet with colour photos in addition to the sleeve with lyrics.
Stereo. ℗&©1977 Elektra/Asylum Records.
WEA Music of Canada, Ltd., a Warner Communications Company. Litho in Canada.
Stage recordings using Showco's 24 track Studer.
Hotel and bus recordings using N.Y.C. Record Plant's remote truck.
Mixed at Sound Factory, L.A. using the Aphex. Mastered at A&M.
Lights & Sound by Showco. Piano supplied by Sound Productions. Tour booked for Wm. Morris Agency.
Track A1 recorded live on stage at Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, Maryland—8/27/77.
Track A2 recorded in room 301 at the Cross Keys Inn, Columbia, Maryland—8/27/77 (thanks to Pete Wiley); and on stage at the GArden State Arts Center, Holmdale, New Jersey—9/7/77. For Judy.
Track A3 recorded backstage in the big rehearsal room at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, New York—9/1/77.
Track A4 recorded live on stage at the Garden State Arts Center, Holmdale, New Jersey—9/6/77.
Track A5 recorded in room 124 at the Holiday Inn, Edwardsville, Illinois—8/17/77. Any resemblance to persons living or nrealy dead...
Track B1 recorded in room 124 at the Holiday Inn, Edwardsville, Illinois—8/18/77.
Track B2 recorded live at the Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City, California—9/17/77.
Track B3 recorded on a bus (a Continental Silver Eagle) somewhere in New Jersey—9/8/77.
Tracks B4 & B5 recorded live on stage at Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, Maryland—8/27/77. The Zodiacs don't mind...
Tracks A1, A3, A4, B3 ©Copyright 1977 Swallow Turn Music ASCAP. All rights administered by WB Music Corp.
Track A2 ©Copyright 1971 Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. and Road Canon Music BMI.All rights administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
Track A5 ©1968 Chandos Music ASCAP.
Track B1 ©1977 Kortchmar Music ASCAP.
Track B2 ©Copyright 1977 Swallow Tune Music ASCAP, Naked Snake Music BMI & Vanilla Grits Music BMI. All rights administered on behalf of Swallow Tune Music by WB Music Corp.
Track B4 ©Copyright 1977 Swallow Turn Music ASCAP & Gianni Music BMI. All rights administered by WB Music on behalf of Swallow Turn Music. All rights administered by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. on behalf of Gianni Music.
Track B5 ©Copyright 1960 Cherio Corp. BMI.
Craig Doerge, Russell Kunkell, Leland Sklar, and Danny Kortchmar appear courtesy of The Section and Capitol Records. Danny Kortchmar also appears courtesy of Dark Horse Records.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 runouts): 6E-113-SIDE I-1A-2G
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 runouts): 6E-113-SIDE II-1A-2G.A ➁
Other Versions (Showing 5 of 28) View All
|Running On Empty (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||6E-113||US||1977|
|Running On Empty (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||AS 53 070||Germany||1977|
|Running On Empty (CD, Album)||Asylum Records||6E 113-2||Canada||1987|
|Running On Empty (CD, Album)||Asylum Records||E2-113||US|
|Running On Empty (LP)||Asylum Records||AS 53070||Netherlands||1977|
Reviews & DiscussionPost Your Review or Comment
- Discogs Marketplace
- Sell your Vinyl
Disclaimer: Videos may not match exact release