• djfrankiebones over 6 years ago

djfrankiebones edited over 6 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edaHoYjlhI&NR=1

This one really just went straight to the heart. It was O.K. when Eminem said "Nobody Listens To Techno". I laughed. But here we have Dr. Dre walking through the club in a motorcycle jacket grabs his Dr. Pepper and walks towards the DJ who is playing some type of crappy rave track circa 1991 with no dance floor.

Dr. Dre puts his Dr. Pepper on the turntable, pushes DJ Cornball, a white candy kid, off to the side and suddenly in the "Aftermath", the dance floor is packed.

That is the commercial. Nice one.

Now I'm off to Wal-Mart to buy cases of Dr. Thunder as a protest.
  • Haze over 6 years ago

What? No link? Have you been blocked from Youtube? ; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4mpbw68_HA
  • waxHead over 6 years ago

L.O.L!

Dr Dre in a Dr Pepper ad?? Fucking hilarious!
  • psymonkey over 6 years ago

At the local grocery store the knockoff is called Dr. Perky. Always found that to be entertaining. Tastes more like the real Dr. Pepper than Diet Dr. Pepper does too.
  • STEVELAWLESS over 6 years ago

what happened to tha Tanqueray? Yous all a podiatrist now an shit G.
  • iuval over 6 years ago

Whoah 23 flavours what?
  • cinquante_neuf over 6 years ago

^one of them is caffeine...
  • sherbert over 6 years ago

djfrankiebones
    It was O.K. when Eminem said "Nobody Listens To Techno".

Personally i like many different genres of music, i even have a few Eminem instrumentals. Most of the people i know who collect Techno also collect other genres of music because they are open minded. We can name Hip Hop artists and tracks. I bet any Techno producer could name many different Hip Hop artists. But Eminem is so ignorant when it comes to Techno he thinks that Moby is a Techno producer. That`s as clueless as a Techno producer saying Mc Hammer is a Rapper.

• jondavey over 6 years ago

America does Hip-Hop in clubs better than any where else in the world I'd imagine, (and from what I've seen in Flo Rida videos) that's got to be tough competition. Time to start stealing their beats again maybe?

djfrankiebones edited over 6 years ago
    Thanks Hawk....

How the f*ck does Wal-Mart get this Dr. Thunder sh*t to taste EXACTLY like Dr. Pepper? I mean it's not like it tastes like Dr. pepper, it actually IS Dr. pepper.

jondavey
    America does Hip-Hop in clubs better than any where else in the world I'd imagine, (and from what I've seen in Flo Rida videos) that's got to be tough competition. Time to start stealing their beats again maybe?

It still compares like nothing to the rave scene. Or should I say Electronic Music Festival Scene?

I suppose that's why the advert works. If Dr Dre had walked into the club and Funk Master Flex was on the decks it wouldn't really work.
  • ogshags over 6 years ago

Pop Music :)

I'm waiting for the Ritchie Hawtin Mountain Dew commercial.

Extreme clubbing thirst.

ogshags
    I'm waiting for the Ritchie Hawtin Mountain Dew commercial.

He already does that advert. I think Apple (Mackintosh) sponsor him now aswell?
  • drgiggles over 6 years ago

I am suprised I haven't seen Sven Vath or Laurent Garnier in a "Depends" commercial. Depends would come in so handy during those marathon dj sets.
  • oneseven over 6 years ago

no one listens to Eminem anymore

That's because he isn't on magenta coloured vinyl.
  • AFXFANTASAY over 6 years ago

Rofl @ drgiggles!
  • crazyowen over 6 years ago

yeah weak ass commercial from Dr.Pepper! fake ass headphones, and why does Dr.Dre even put them on, all he does is place his soda can on the record.

but HEY at least its shows vinyl, now that is something to be happy about!
  • psymonkey over 6 years ago

I've got a techno record which samples the nobody listens to techno repeatedly..I'm guessing there were a ton of records which used that sample?
  • cuddles over 6 years ago

crazyowen
    fake ass headphones, and why does Dr.Dre even put them on,

product placement
  • Christopher_Jion over 6 years ago

that commercial pisses me off.
    Dre, you haven't been relevant for a decade.

also, if I may quote Courage Wolf:
    "PLAY FAST OR DIE!"

• TIM over 6 years ago

Who's eminem (sp?) ?

ogshags
    Pop Music

Dr Pepper? ...nevermind

I like how Dre walked up to the DJ and slowed his beats down.

I heard a story once about Jeff Mills playing a gig in New York. When Mills was finishing he left the next DJ with the 909 playing. The DJ was trying to mix to the 909 and he slowed the 909 down to match the speed of his record. Mills came over and just sped the tempo back up on him.

ogshags
    ogshags
    Pop Music

Dr Pepper? ...nevermind

I get it, fizzy pop...music. Dr Dre/Dr Pepper.
  • la-voie-du-sabre over 6 years ago

meanwhile, in the paris metro, thanks to sennheiser this is what our eyes have to endure
  • Gecks over 6 years ago

remember kids: neither dr dre, dr pepper or dr mario are real doctors. don't let them touch you.
  • abracadabra-1 over 6 years ago

la-voie-du-sabre
    meanwhile, in the paris metro, thanks to sennheiser this is what our eyes have to endure

Oh yes, that's a very funky pic!

cuddles

product placement

no shit.
    I shoulda known!

oh la-voie-du-sabre I feel bad for you! my eyes, theyre burning!
  • gmos over 6 years ago

djfrankiebones
    crappy rave track

exactly, who wouldn't want to get up there and change the record?
  • TEKNONUTTER over 6 years ago

gmos
    who wouldn't want to get up there and change the record?

Yeah, but, replacing it with equally shitty music is hardly an improvement is it? Typical f***ing krunk gangsta bollocks.
  • fistondub over 6 years ago

Pour l'amour du con.

jondavey
    I get it

Thanks, I thought I was on ignore.

• Manys over 6 years ago

so, dre is the dr. pepper of music. works for me.

gmos
    exactly, who wouldn't want to get up there and change the record?

The reality is that if Dr. Dre was actually playing and I walked up and did what he did, I'd get pretty much the same results he did. And I'm rocking my Sony Pro's regardless of Skullcandy's endorsement.

Manys
    so, dre is the dr. pepper of music. works for me.

So where does Sgt. Pepper and Mr. Pibb fit into the equation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCkLyOMsWNA

Hah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I think DJ Mr.Pibb only plays in the midwest and Sgt dj Pepper is a UK thing, right?
  • TIM over 6 years ago

Just saw the commercial.

No problems here. If you pay attention to Dre he is not dogging on the style music but the tempo.

If dre thought the music was crap he would have changed the record in some way.

Imo dre was just saying the style didn't work for the crowd and the tempo was too fast to "get down" too and slowed it down with the dr.pepper can.

I think this thread was is overeacting.

It doesn't knock electronic dance music at all. If anything it knocks super star electronic music dj but certainly not electronic dance music.

If you do take it that it does than you are not living in the real world or, like bones who did this thread, wrapped up in dj performances.

No offense bones.

Dr dre came from dance music. I have talked to dr dre about dance music when we worked out in the same gym back in 1997. He is very knowledgeable about dance music. Occasionally his image gets the better of him like when he tried to be a tough gangster but when it got tough he left the scene. Which was of course a smart decision.

Dre does not disrespect dance music but who doesn't laugh at superstar trance epic dj's like in the ad?!

TIM
    Dr dre came from dance music. I have talked to dr dre about dance music when we worked out in the same gym back in 1997. He is very knowledgeable about dance music. Occasionally his image gets the better of him like when he tried to be a tough gangster but when it got tough he left the scene. Which was of course a smart decision.

It's cool that you mention you talked to the dude...I mean for real. I am sure he knows something about dance music because "Panic Zone" was not a rap record by any means.

I myself was hired by Eminem in 1997 to DJ a homecoming party after his first year of touring...Eminem also knew about "the scene". Detroit is obviously a place where you can't hide it's own history, which is why it is a ghost town in the first place.

The odd thing about that was it was almost like the movie 8 Mile, where he wins the battle, and then I spun. Techno. And we all know nobody listens to techno...In Detroit though I was always known as a rave DJ. Even today.
  • iamelectron over 6 years ago

"New Dr. Pepper TV Commercial attacks EDM"

No it doesn't - it just takes the piss out of shit US 'rave' music. It's obviously a bit too close to the bone(s) for you Frankie.
  • abracadabra-1 over 6 years ago

I used to party with them all the time, asked me to be their manager, I said "managing a pop band?, that ain't no job for no man"!

iamelectron
    No it doesn't - it just takes the piss out of shit US 'rave' music. It's obviously a bit too close to the bone(s) for you Frankie.

Again, the faux sh*t you post only gets blemished even worse by my Discogs homepage. I don't know why you always feel the need to attack me? I mean I said you usually play to three people last winter and you are still mad at that?

THere is a tune that uses the sample in a better way than this but this is the only one I could find right now;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFNltaamoTs&feature=related
  • jussumen over 6 years ago

That video is funny and t making fun of boring djays not being able to get them girls on the floor, and yes he uses those headphones for no other reason than promote them, cause he has a licensing thing going on with Sony (i think). He comes across natural making fun of himself and the whole ad + video and that is, what makes me like it.
    no offense intended afaik
  • onelittle over 6 years ago

• Anita_Schmetterling over 6 years ago

I'm wondering where the listening comprehension went south here. What part of "Slowing it down" was misunderstood? "Slowing"? This has the paranoia level of...

you know...

GANGSTALKING

Anita_Schmetterling
    This has the paranoia level of...

No it doesn't. I'm always the first car off the freeway back tracking my way through Compton any time there is a traffic jam.
    So I doubt paranoia has anything to do with it. Not too mention stopping at a red light on Crenshaw & Slauson blasting Wu-Tang Clan
    "Wu-Tang Ain't Nuthin To F*ck With".

Just for sh*ts and giggles I should play Tim Dog "F*ck Compton" while drinking Dr. Thunder and DVR it for Youtube. It would have been even more fun when I had NY tags on the car.

• fabriknos over 6 years ago

djfrankiebones
    Just for sh*ts and giggles I should play Tim Dog "F*ck Compton" while drinking Dr. Thunder and DVR it for Youtube. It would have been even more fun when I had NY tags on the car.

id be careful with that shit if i were you ;) i'd get a laugh at least
  • fabriknos over 6 years ago

one time my brother was cruising in downtown ghetto area of Hartford blasting Type O Negative "Kill all the White People." kind of tongue in cheek, not sure it had the desired effect on the drug dealers nearby.

djfrankiebones
    Just for sh*ts and giggles I should play Tim Dog "F*ck Compton" while drinking Dr. Thunder and DVR it for Youtube.

That would be funny, but the youtube of your car stalling at that red light would not be funny at all. Replace your Dr. Thunder with a 40 of old E and you would have yourself some CB4 sh*t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kUgL67eZsY

You know what the problem is? Anita hates Americans, like our former Shortcake/Poppins bee-yotch. And somehow I always seem to become the American spokesmen for Discogs. LOL.

Anita, I'm actually with you on your concerns...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AMxW6EvAmQ&feature=related

Obviously this is bigger then Dre, Dr. Pepper and me. I am totally not paranoid. Me and my girl go to the Roadshow swap meet in Inglewood all the time. That is where NWA actually met in the 1980's. It's on Redondo Beach Blvd. of Crenshaw and you got to drive down Crenshaw for a good portion once you get off the 405. Granted, that is not Compton and more like Inglewood, but honestly, no California ghetto scares me.

I mean if I was on a bicycle? Maybe. But my car has 340 hp.
  • Anita_Schmetterling over 6 years ago

Don't pigeonhole me. I'm a general misanthrope. See you next weekend, hot pants.
  • tekkno-guy over 6 years ago

djfrankiebones
    Eminem also knew about "the scene".

Eminem use to frequent the Detroit rave scene and even was booked at a few. Em even went to Jeff Mills' day after Thanksgiving show at St Andrews hall. So he knows what he is doing...

As for the ads...DR Pepper is just following a theme...It started with DJ J, and moved on to Dr Love (Gene Simmons), and maybe has run its course with Dr Dre.

It isn't a knock on EDM...just doing what the DR orders.

fabriknos
    one time my brother was cruising in downtown ghetto area of Hartford blasting Type O Negative "Kill all the White People." kind of tongue in cheek, not sure it had the desired effect on the drug dealers nearby.

Of all things, the craziest response I think music ever had on the ghetto was once in Houston when I was with these two girls who had stopped to get gas and had "Emerge" by Fischerspooner blasting out of this Blazer. No block commanders wanted any part of that.
  • HRD_Shmoo_XIII over 6 years ago

Oh well, it's only an ad.

Anita_Schmetterling
    Don't pigeonhole me. I'm a general misanthrope. See you next weekend, hot pants.

ha ha...If you wait until after I play to kick my ass, you might
    actually have a change of heart. As for pigeonholing? I don't play with my birds like that. I actually dislike the same the sames things most Europeans dislike about America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x2W12A8Qow

Dr. Pepper. Talk about cheeeeeeeze..........

jondavey
    THere is a tune that uses the sample in a better way than this but this is the only one I could find right now;

The good one is on Drop Bass Network by Michael Wenz.

http://www.juno.co.uk/miniflashplayer/SF142711-01-01-01.mp3

It's a clip of the wrong part, it gets good after the breakdown.

http://www.juno.co.uk/miniflashplayer/SF262110-01-02-01.mp3

This one might be the best of the lot, but I'm still looking.....

ogshags
    !!!

For some reason that reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETms8TFKFTc

Yet I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.....

I don't like mine much anymore......
  • Manys over 6 years ago

djfrankiebones
    So where does Sgt. Pepper and Mr. Pibb fit into the equation?

I've never heard of Sgt. Pepper (the beverage), but Mr. Pibb would be the other Dre that was on Yo! MTV Raps
  • arteom over 6 years ago

monster cables, they make the headphone. they have em displayed in best buys and apple stores.

ive only seen the commercial with the sound off, but ok.

arteom
    monster cables, they make the headphone.

The headphones actually seem to be good quality without question.
    The same quality as the Technics for double the money because it is Dr. Dre's signature series. I doubt anyone will spend $299 on headphones they saw in a Dr. Pepper commercial. But I also think someone is looking for the Serato Dr. Pepper can vinyl plates too.....

ogshags
    !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...L9bk&feature=related

So not only does nobody listen to techno, nobody makes techno either. :)

djfrankiebones
    The headphones actually seem to be good quality without question.
    The same quality as the Technics for double the money because it is Dr. Dre's signature series. I doubt anyone will spend $299 on headphones they saw in a Dr. Pepper commercial. But I also think someone is looking for the Serato Dr. Pepper can vinyl plates too.....

i was thinking the same thing when i saw them fisrt. They seem to delivera good bass and decent oopmpf, look betther than Sennheisers, but are in the sae league as those Sony's everyone and hos dog is uisng in the states atm. well actually that is the Sony headphone everyone loves wth a better stylking?
    I was atone point evn considering trying them out, but the again Sennheiser HD 25 are the MK2 of Techno-can' do nuttin about it - why mess with a perfectly perfect product in the first place ?
    Boredom, that's what it is...

Lemme check for a link...

http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/review-beats-by-dr-dre-headphones-20080730/

actually they are not that Sony stuff, but a team work by Monster cable Dr. Brunner and Dre - they are more than just headphones, inbuilt amp with duracells and a microphone ?

have to read that again. a good review

these lil fuckers seem to rule ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swY_L-vAgNk
  • arteom over 6 years ago

I've tried the headphones, they are noise canceling headphones, sounded a bit to tin-y. Also they don't work without the noise cancellation feature, which means if the batteries run out...