• batcheater over 3 years ago

I received my first neutral feedback from someone that clicked to buy a record I had for sale and then tried to deal instead of contacting me beforehand. I had the record for sale for $105 and the user asked if I would send registerd/insured to Taiwan from the US for $120. The actual shipping cost would have been $58 for those services (It was a box set) and I said I couldn't deal and requested actual shipping costs. They refused and I offered to cancel the order, which I did after they confirmed.

Checking my feedback today, I noticed that they left me neutral feedback. I tried to remove it, but didn't see an option to remove because the sale never happened.

It's a little unfair that a "buyer" can leave feedback in this case. How do I suggest to remove the ability for leaving feedback on a cancelled transaction?

- Joe
  • man_traic over 3 years ago

agreed, that is a little bit unfair, if i were you i would have ruined the silly little b*****s feedback by negging him (not neutraling him) back
  • inexpressible over 3 years ago

support request:

https://www.discogs.com/support/new

tell them what happened, maybe they'll remove the feedback.
  • Dads_Vinyl over 3 years ago

inexpressible
    tell them what happened, maybe they'll remove the feedback.

They should. Good luck.
  • nerdfly over 3 years ago

should not be able to leave feedback after 'cancelled at buyers request' not only is it pointless but also open to abuse (you could bump up fb ratings using sockpuppet accounts or do the opposite out of spite)
  • narcisco over 3 years ago

Its indeed unfair in this case, but couldn't it be that the possibility to leave feedback is there, because a seller could "cancel at buyers request" while a buyer actually didn't request a cancellation? I'm not sure why a seller would do that, but it is possible isn't it?
  • nerdfly over 3 years ago

Obviously it's possible but i can't see any reason to, not when the option is there to cancel NPB already and leave a neg with no chance of one in return.

When cancelling the following message is sent to the buyer:

"Seller changed status from Invoice Sent to Cancelled (Per Buyer's Request)

Your order for blah blah was cancelled by blah. If this cancellation was not by your request, please let us know by following this link: http://www.discogs.com/sell/verify_cancelled/"

So i guess there is comeback if it was done to get out of a sale for whatever reason.
  • double-happiness over 3 years ago

nerdfly
    should not be able to leave feedback after 'cancelled at buyers request' not only is it pointless but also open to abuse (you could bump up fb ratings using sockpuppet accounts or do the opposite out of spite)

Yes, agreed, but *only if* the seller had not removed items from a multi-item order. I can understand buyers might wish to leave neutral or even neg of the seller didn't have half the items they ordered.