• Vinyllab over 3 years ago

Vinyllab edited over 3 years ago
    Are they serious?! $16.75 USD for packages over 12 oz and under 16 oz to Europe? And this is probably because the pricing have to allow for discounts to middle men such as stamps.com and endica.com. Grrrrr! Even the discounted prices are high with these proposals.

Edit:
    And its almost $12.75 USD to ship a CD to Europe if these prices are approved! They are out of their minds!

That's about a $5.00 price hike across the board from what the prices are now for First Class Intl.
  • SchusterBach over 3 years ago

Have you seen the price the post service is taking in Europe !
  • heidelbaer over 3 years ago

heidelbaer edited over 3 years ago
    SchusterBach

depends on where you're located.
    In Germany International shipping is often enough much cheaper than domestic shipping.
    Worldwide shipping from Germany up to 500 grams is € 3,45 standard airmail / € 5,50 registered.
  • Vinyllab over 3 years ago

SchusterBach

no, but i'm sure its as crazy as these new proposed ones, if not more!
  • PabloPlato over 3 years ago

how much will shipping costs be to canada per LP and per CD?
  • andygrayrecords over 3 years ago

When the Royal Mail put their prices up earlier this year, it virtually doubled the price of international shipping. It definitely accounted for a downturn in orders imho.

Expect the same for a couple of months.
  • dumdidum over 3 years ago

I like it ;)

gives a competitive advantage to my home country. i can ship up to 17.6 oz from germany to the us via priority for EUR 3.45 (=USD 4.47) in postage.

more seriously, the effing mark-up USPS is taking there seems pretty excessive.
  • andygrayrecords over 3 years ago

PabloPlato
    how much will shipping costs be to canada per LP and per CD?

"Effective 1/27/13 the USPS is going to dramatically raise international package rates. It is especially going up the lighter the package is. If you sell CDs this may make it prohibitive for customers to buy. The current cost of a 4 oz. package to Canada is $3.45, the new rate for the same package will be $6.91. To most of Europe, it currently $5.34/4 oz. It will be $8.88. And that is with a discount for purchasing online. It will be even higher if you take it to the window. There is currently no dscount for buying internationally online but there will be. For the LP dealers the rise is not as dramatic but still very noticeable. Current packages that are $11.60 will be $15.08. " - From the musicstack forums
  • itching4vinyl over 3 years ago

Things are changing. How business is conducted has been dramatically changing for the last 5 years. The new rates are just another example of how easily business can be altered. We're caught in the transition period. Just be aware of the changes and enjoy the ride.
  • SchusterBach over 3 years ago

itching4vinyl
    The current cost of a 4 oz. package to Canada is $3.45, the new rate for the same package will be $6.91. To most of Europe, it currently $5.34/4 oz. It will be $8.88.

Ohhhh, $8.88 is equal to €.6.83 and i can do it for €6.50 from Denmark to US, and that is including the packaging material.