Typical prefix, found on vinyl run-out data, as follows:
- S-12345, S being for 12" and 10".
- R-12345, R being for 7". However, other pressings plants also use this same R-12345 type etching on 7" records, so check carefully!. For example, Allied Record Company also used R-12345 type etchings on their 7" pressing, so check carefully (see the Allied profile and check for any Allied indicators first, ask in the help forums if there is any doubt).
S-12345 or R-12345 can be entered in the catalogue number field adjacent to the Pressed By field used for the 'Rainbo Records' credit. Usually there is a number for every side of the record (12345 and 12346). Please create a new Pressed By field for every number.
CDs can include a "Rainbo CA" or "Rainbo" mould that was added to hubs towards the end of the 1990s.
A unique identifier can be seen in the matrices of CDs pressed between years 1999 through to some time during 2002.
Note that not all discs pressed in 1999 or 2002 will contain the unique identifier.
For CDs that do contain the unique identifier, some examples are as follows:
C1.1 504552-01 5233-DTI6972 <- An example of a 1999 pressing. The unique identifier is 504552.
C1.1 157444-01 3651-GCR701 <- An example of a 2000 or 2001 pressing. The unique identifier is 157444.
(186411) 6617-0059 01 <- An example of a 2002 pressing, where the identifier is now in brackets. The identifier is 186411.
- Steve Sheldon (President)
Known former employees:
- Jack Brown (Founder/President - since 1939) b 1914 - † 2004
- Bill Piner (Executive Supervisor - circa 1977)
- Jim Doyle (Accountant Executive - circa 1977)
- Bea Laugham (Customer Relations - circa 1977)
- Steve Sheldon (Production Supervisor - circa 1977)
- Ron Rankin (Record Production - circa 1977)
- Rick Silva (Plant Engineer - circa 1977)