Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Lennon And Mc Cartney*
|A3||Life Without A Cage||3:20|
|A5||Twang Bar King
Recorded By [Lead Guitar & Vocals] – Rich Denhart
|A7||The Rail Song||5:39|
|B1||Paint The Road
Guitar [Foxx Tone] – Adrian*Soprano Saxophone – Bill Janssen
|B2||She Is Not Dead||4:41|
|B4||The Ideal Woman||4:08|
|B5||Ballet For A Blue Whale||4:44|
- Record Company – Island Records Inc.
- Distributed By – ATCO Records
- Distributed By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Produced For – Macaque Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Saiko Music Co.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Northern Songs Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Maclen Music, Inc.
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Published By – Saiko Music Co.
- Published By – Maclen Music, Inc.
- Recorded At – C.V. Lloyde Complex
- Recorded At – Cwazy Wabbit Studio
- Remixed At – Fifth Floor Recording Studios
- Edited At – JVC Cutting Center
- Mastered At – JVC Cutting Center
- Mastered At – Allied Record Company
- Bass Trombone – Gary Platt
- Bass, Vocals – J. Clifton Mayhugh
- Design, Artwork – Mike Getz
- Drums – Larrie Londin
- Engineer – Gary Platt
- Engineer [Assisted By] – Rytt Hershberg
- Executive-Producer – Stan Hertzman
- Guitar, Percussion, Lead Vocals – Adrian Belew
- Management – Umbrella Artists Management
- Mastered By – Joe Gastwirt
- Piano [Acoustic], Vocals – Christy Bley
- Producer [Assistant] – Rich Denhart
- Producer, Arranged By – Adrian Belew
- Remix [Engineer Assisted By] – Kathi Jo Williams
- Remix [Engineer] – Gary Platt
- Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Vocals – William Janssen*
- Written-By – Adrian Belew (tracks: A2 to B5)
℗ © 1983
B5 performed entirely on Roland guitar synthesizer and acoustic guitar.
Recorded with the Full Sail Mobile Unit at our rehearsal studio in the C.V. Lloyde Complex in the Greater Downtown Champaign, Illinois February/March 1983
Remixed to JVC Digital at Fifth Floor Studio in Greater Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio
Edited and mastered at The JVC Cutting Center in Greater Downtown Los Angeles, California
The lead guitar and vocal in A5 were recorded in 1979 at Cwazy Wabbit 8-track studio and former potato cooler in Springfield, Illinois
Thanks to the friends and strangers from the streets of Cincinnati for their comments on B4
All songs published by Saiko Music Co, ASCAP except A1 published by Maclen Music, Inc, BMI
Production assistant for Macaque, Inc.
All lyrics © 1983 Saiko Music Co, ASCAP except for A1 © 1965 Northern Songs, Ltd, c/o Maclen Music Inc., BMI
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7567-90108-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): ST-IL-835253-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): ST-IL-835254-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched (¤¤scratched out¤¤)): STIL-8352¤¤3¤¤53-C B-¤¤18428-C¤¤ JG♥J.V.C. SLM Δ¤¤5045¤¤ 4746 1-1 B-18278
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched (¤¤scratched out¤¤)): STIL-835254-C ¤¤B-18429¤¤-C JG♥J.V.C. SLM Δ¤¤5045¤¤-X 4746-X 1-1 B-18279-C
- Matrix / Runout (Sides A & B runouts, stamped): Allied Record Company Logo
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
Other Versions (5 of 14) View All
|90108-1, ILPS 9768||Adrian Belew||Twang Bar King (LP, Album)||Island Records, Island Records||90108-1, ILPS 9768||US||1983||Sell This Version|
|205 635||Adrian Belew||Twang Bar King (LP, Album)||Island Records||205 635||Europe||1983||Sell This Version|
|79 01081||Adrian Belew||Twang Bar King (LP, Album)||Island Records||79 01081||Canada||1983||Sell This Version|
|7 90108-4||Adrian Belew||Twang Bar King (Cass, Album, Dol)||Island Records||7 90108-4||US||1983||Sell This Version|
|ILPS 19768||Adrian Belew||Twang Bar King (LP, Album)||Island Records||ILPS 19768||Italy||1983||Sell This Version|