Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Never In Doubt (Widescreen Rework)||5:31|
|A2||The Journey (Cardiac Club Remix)||4:56|
|A3||Vibration (Cardiac Club & AJE Rework)||5:33|
|A4||I Saw Stars (Cy Samuels & AJE Rework)||5:05|
|B1||The Journey (Leftside Wobble Remix)||5:56|
|B2||Waiting For Space (Dylan Colby "Swerve Reunion" Mix)||6:50|
|B3||Jazz Face (AJE Rework)||5:07|
|B4||Quiet Hero (Cardiac Club Mix)||4:57|
|C1||Vibration (Leo Zero Remix)||7:42|
|C2||Cinematize (Curveball Version)||4:08|
|C3||Eyes Wide Open (Stillhead Remix)
Remix – Stillhead
|D1||Jazz Face (Simbad Snowfall Remix)||5:12|
|D2||Quiet Hero (Widescreen Healer Remwork)||7:36|
|D3||Hallucinogenic (Spaceface Remix)||5:04|
|D4||Eyes Wide Open (Ribes Remix)||4:45|
Here & Now Recordings are proud to present the companion release to Ambient Jazz Ensemble's debut album in the shape of 'Suite Shop Reworks : Electronica, Deep House & Disco' a 15 track collection of upbeat, dancefloor and electronic versions of the chilled orchestral originals.
In his impressive career composer and producer Colin Baldry (Ambient Jazz Ensemble) has worked with Motown, Warner Chappell & Capitol Records and written music for worldwide hit film Filth (written by Irvine Welsh, starring James McAvoy).
For the original 'Suite Shop' album Baldry was joined by Neil Cowley (Adele, Brand New Heavies) on keys, Finn Peters (Chick Corea) on sax, Dominic Glover (Paloma Faith) trumpet, Nichol Thomson (Jamie Cullum) trombone, Tom Kane horns, Ben Reynolds drums and a string quartet.
Much of the reworks album was mixed by George Shilling, whose credits include Blur, Mike Oldfield, Steve Winwood, Ocean Colour Scene and Texas. Jon Hopkins, Jamie T and FKA Twigs’ mastering engineer Guy Davie repeats his fantastic work on Suite Shop Reworks as he did on the original using his gorgeous early 70s EMI Lagos desk which no doubt many Fela Kuti recording were brought to life on.
For 'Suite Shop Reworks' Baldry has drafted in an A team of remixers to lovingly rework his original in their own masterful and celebrated styles.
- Leo Zero - Official remixer of Lana Del Rey, Florence + The Machine, Everything Everything, Bombay Bicycle Club flips 'Vibration' in an Adrian Sherwood, Andrew Weatherall, Jah Wobble dub style which Ashley Beedle and Bill Brewster love
- Widescreen - take the dramatic orchestral 'Never In Doubt' in a hypnotic electronic direction.
- Cardiac Club make uplifting four to the floor versions of 'The Journey' and 'Quiet Hero'. A J E team up with Cardiac Club creating a distorted deep house out of 'Vibration'.
- Cy Samuels - A J E also working with film music composer Cy Samuels on an ambient rework of 'I Saw Stars' that climaxes with manic intensity. • Leftside Wobble - beefs up 'The Journey' for dancefloor accessibility.
- Dylan Colby - nods his head to drum n bass don Fabio with his Swerve Reunion mix.
- Stillhead - weaves 'Eyes Wide Open' into a beautiful ambient soundscape
whilst Ribes toughens it up staying closer to the original.
- Simbad - Gilles Peterson collaborator Simbad goes deep and funky house stylee with his rendition of 'Jazz Face'.