Tracklist Hide Credits
Composed By – Palestrina*
|2||Plainsong - Stabat Mater
Composed By – Unknown Artist
Composed By – Franz Liszt
|3||Vesilla Regis Prodeunt||4:56|
|4||Station I: Jesus Is Condemed To Death||0:57|
|5||Station II: Jesus Receives The Cross||2:19|
|6||Station III: Jesus Falls For The First Time||1:53|
|7||Station IV: Jesus Meets His Holy Mother||2:29|
|8||Station V: Simon Of Cyrene Helps Jesus To Carry His Cross||3:08|
|9||Station VI: Saint Veronica Wipes The Face Of Jesus||3:12|
|10||Station VII: Jesus Falls For The Second Time||1:34|
|11||Station VIII: The Women Of Jerusalem Weep For Jesus||2:36|
|12||Station IX: Jesus Falls For The Third Time||1:41|
|13||Station X: Jesus Is Stripped Of His Garments||1:45|
|14||Station XI: Jesus Is Nailed To The Cross||0:58|
|15||Station XII: Jesus Dies On The Cross||9:20|
|16||Station XIII: Jesus Is Taken Down From The Cross||4:17|
|17||Station XIV: Jesus Is Laid In The Grave||6:11|
- Baritone Vocals – Jeremy White (tracks: 3-17)
- Bass Vocals – Patrick Ardagh-Walter (tracks: 3-17)
- Choir – Taverner Choir (tracks: 2-17)
- Conductor – Andrew Parrott
- Ensemble – Taverner Consort (tracks: 1)
- Executive-Producer – Malcolm Bruno (tracks: 2-17)
- Liner Notes [Translation] – Clifford Bartlett
- Mezzo-soprano Vocals – Joyce Jarvis (tracks: 3-17)
- Organ – Wayne Marshall (2)
- Producer – David R. Murray (tracks: 1), John Hadden (tracks: 2-17)
- Soprano Vocals – Penny Vickers (tracks: 3-17), Rachel Platt (tracks: 3-17)
Recorded at Temple Church, London, January 1986.
© EMI Records Ltd 1987 as 'Musica della Capella Sistina'. Included on this recording with permission of EMI Records Ltd.
Franz Liszt: Via Crucis
Recorded at St. John-at-Hackney, London, January 1993.
Wayne Marshall plays the parish organ of St. John-at-Hackney.
Cover paingin: detail from an altar piece in the Louvre, Paris, French School, 15th century.
The Bridgeman Art Library
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Other (SPARS Code): DDD