Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Canticles Of The Sun And Moon||5:40|
|2||Veni Sancte Spiritus||4:19|
|3||From Darkness To Light||4:47|
|6||The Holly And The Ivy||5:08|
|7||The Testimony Of John
Soprano Vocals – Catherine Bott
Arranged By – Anne DudleyComposed By – J.S. Bach*
|Three Chorales In Common Time|
Cello [Solo] – Anthony PleethViolin [Solo] – Gavyn Wright, James McLeod*
- A&R [Coordinator] – Nancy Roof
- A&R [Direction] – Stephen Ferrera
- Art Direction [Creative Direction] – Gordon H Jee
- Artwork By [Cover Painting] – Cynthia Bain
- Choir – Andrew Carwood, Andrew Giles (2), Caroline Ashton, Carys Lane, Charles Gibbs, Christopher Royall, David Roy, Duncan Mackenzie, Julia White, Katie Pringle, Matthew Vine, Michael Lees, Michael McCarthy, Nicola Jenkin, Philip Newton, Rebecca Outram, Ruth Dean, Simon Birchall, Timothy Jones (2)
- Composed By – Anne Dudley (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11)
- Conductor – Anne Dudley
- Design [Sleeve Design] – Andrew Biscomb, Peter Barrett (3)
- Engineer [Recording] – John Timperley, Roger Dudley, Steve Price (6)
- Leader [Orchestra] – Gavyn Wright
- Liner Notes – Anne Dudley
- Mixed By [Mixing Engineer] – Roger Dudley
- Photography By [Additional] – Roger Dudley
- Photography By [Cover] – Johnnie Rutter
- Producer – Anne Dudley
- Product Manager [Project Manager] – Zachary Hochkeppel*
℗ 1995 The Echo Label Ltd. under license to Angel Records. © 1999 Angel Records. Manufactured and distributed by Angel Records. Printed in USA.
"The idea behind this album is that so-called ancient melodies never die but are taken up and reinterpreted endlessly. Some of the source music is five hundred years old but the concept behind the compositions is modern. In "raiding the treasure house" I have perhaps displayed wilful eclecticism. It is a very English marriage of hymnals, carols, Bach chorales with string orchestras, voices, percussion and contemporary recording techniques.
Anne Dudley, 1999"
1: Orchestra, percussion and voices
2: Unaccompanied voices
3: String orchestra
4: Orchestra, percussion and voices
5: Orchestra and voices
6: Orchestra, tuned percussion, three French horns and a partridge in a pear tree.
7: Soprano, pipe organ, string quartet, zither and percussion
8: String quintet
9: Vocals and string orchestra
10: Double wind quintet
Prelude in B flat minor from the 48 book 1.
11, 12, 13: Orchestra and voices
Recording at Henry Wood Hall, Angel Studios and Air Lyndhurst
Mixed at Buffalo Music
Choir managed by The Sixteen Ltd.
Recording dates, some credits, and composition sources and authors present in the UK release have been removed in this version.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 2435-56868-2 4
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L043
Other Versions (5 of 10) View All
|ECHCD 3||Anne Dudley||Ancient And Modern (CD, Album)||Echo||ECHCD 3||UK||1995||Sell This Version|
|D31324||Anne Dudley||Ancient And Modern (CD, Album)||Liberation Records, Echo||D31324||Australia||1995||Sell This Version|
|ECHMC 3||Anne Dudley||Ancient And Modern (Cass, Album)||Echo||ECHMC 3||UK||1995||Sell This Version|
|RR 8602-2||Anne Dudley||Ancient And Modern (CD, Album)||Roadrunner Records||RR 8602-2||Netherlands||1995||Sell This Version|
|PCCY-00708||Anne Dudley||Ancient And Modern (CD, Album)||Pony Canyon||PCCY-00708||Japan||1995||Sell This Version|