Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me
Written-By – Clarence Gaskill, Jimmy McHugh
|A2||All The Things You Are
Written-By – Oscar Hammerstein II & Jerome Kern*
Written-By – Bob Haggart, Johnny Burke
Written-By – Lester Young
|B1||The Man I Love
Written-By – George & Ira Gershwin
Written-By – Jacques Prévert, Johnny Mercer, Joseph Kosma
|B3||The Way You Look Tonight
Written-By – Dorothy Fields, Jerome Kern
- Alto Saxophone – Art Pepper
- Bass – Ben Tucker (tracks: A1 to A4), Jimmy Bond (tracks: B2), Paul Chambers (3) (tracks: B1, B3)
- Design – George Kershaw (2)
- Drums – "Philly" Joe Jones (tracks: B1), Frank Butler (tracks: B2), Gary Frommer (tracks: A1 to A4), Jimmy Cobb (tracks: B3)
- Engineer – Roy DuNann
- Liner Notes – Laurie Miller*
- Liner Notes [Told To Laurie Miller] – Art Pepper
- Photography By [Cover] – Cecil Charles
- Piano – Dolo Coker (tracks: B2), Red Garland (tracks: B1), Ronnie Ball (tracks: A1 to A4), Wynton Kelly (tracks: B3)
- Producer – Lester Koenig
- Tenor Saxophone – Warne Marsh (tracks: A1 to A4)
#B1: recorded Jan. 19, 1957. Previously unreleased from session for "Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Section" (Contemporary S7532)
#B2: recorded Nov. 23, 1960. Previously unreleased from session for "Art Pepper: Intensity" (Contemporary S7607)
#B3: recorded Feb. 29, 1960. Previously unreleased session for "Art Pepper: Gettin' Together" (Contemporary S7573)
All sessions recorded at Contemporary's Studio in Los Angeles.
℗ 1972 Contemporary Records, Inc.
Cover photo taken at the January 19, 1957 session.
Liner Notes by Art Pepper, told to Laurie Miller Sept. 13, 1972. (Laurie Miller is a free-lance photographer and writer with whom Art Pepper is working on his autobiography.
Album front cover and liner © 1972 by Contemporary Records, Inc.
Other Versions (5 of 13) View All
|S7630||Art Pepper||...The Way It Was! (LP, Album, RE, RP)||Contemporary Records||S7630||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|P-7568||Art Pepper||...The Way It Was! (LP, Album, RE)||Contemporary Records||P-7568||Japan||1982||Sell This Version|
|LAX 3131, LAX-3131||Art Pepper||...The Way It Was! (LP, Album, RE)||Contemporary Records, Contemporary Records||LAX 3131, LAX-3131||Japan||1977||Sell This Version|
|OJCCD-389-2, S-7630||Art Pepper||...The Way It Was! (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Original Jazz Classics, Contemporary Records||OJCCD-389-2, S-7630||UK & Europe||1989||Sell This Version|
|S7630||Art Pepper||...The Way It Was! (LP, Album, Promo)||Contemporary Records||S7630||US||1972||Sell This Version|