Elly Ameling •
Janet Baker •
Robert Tear •
Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau •
Choir Of The Kings College, Cambridge* •
Academy Of St. Martin-In-The-Fields* •
- Alto Vocals – Janet Baker
- Bass Vocals – Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
- Bassoon [Continuo] – Graham Sheen, Martin Gatt
- Cello [Continuo] – Kenneth Heath
- Choir – Choir Of The Kings College, Cambridge*
- Composed By – Johann Sebastian Bach
- Conductor – Philip Ledger
- Contrabass [Continuo] – John Steer, Thomas Martin
- Engineer – Christopher Parker
- Flute, Soloist – Patricia Lynden
- Illustration [Front Cover - Booklet] – Albrecht Dürer
- Liner Notes [Ⓒ 1977] – Basil Lam
- Oboe d'Amore, Soloist – Celia Nicklin, Tess Miller
- Orchestra – Academy Of St. Martin-In-The-Fields*
- Organ [Continuo] – Francis Grier
- Painting [Front Cover - Box] – Jan Gossaert
- Photography By [Booklet] – Reg Wilson
- Producer – Christopher Bishop
- Soprano Vocals – Elly Ameling
- Tenor Vocals – Robert Tear
- Treble Vocals, Soloist – Jason James (4) (tracks: D4), Timothy Byram-Wigfield (tracks: B4)
- Trumpet, Soloist – Michael Laird (2)
- Violin, Soloist – Iona Brown, Malcolm Latchem
Stereo / Quadraphonic release - Quadrophonic SQ system (fully compatible for Stereo).
On the front cover of the box a logo with a pan-flute is displayed, reading: Musica Prae Classica.
Includes a 16-page booklet the size of the box with notes in German and English on the compositions and main performers.
It also contains the liturgical (sung) verses in the original German language.
Painting on the front cover of the cassette/box: Jan Gossaert, "Anbetung der König" (Translation: Worship of the King).
With permission and courtesy of the National Gallery, London.
Illustration on the front cover of the booklet: Albrecht Dürer "Die Geburt Christi" (translation: The birth of Christ).
A wood carving from "Marienleben", before 1506; Archiv für Kunst und Geschichte, Berlin.
The illustrations in the booklet are from: Das Archiv für Kunst und Geschichte, Berlin.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Label Code: LC 0233