Tracklist Hide Credits
- Bass [Fender Jazz, Zelinger], Double Bass [Acoustic Uprights] – MC Adam Yauch*
- Design – Gibran Evans
- Drums [Trap Kits] – Mike D
- Engineer [Assistant] – Settley*
- Guitar – Adrock*
- Instruments [Additional Instruments] – Mario Caldato Jr. (tracks: 1-1, 1-9, 1-13, 1-14, 1-17, 1-19)
- Keyboards – Keyboard Money Mark*
- Management – John Silva (3), "Old School Ron"*
- Mastered By – Tom Baker (3)
- Painting [Inside Painting] – Alex Grey
- Percussion – Eric Bobo
- Photography By [All Other] – Ari Marcopoulos
- Photography By [Cover] – Bruce Davidson (2)
- Producer – Beastie Boys
- Producer, Engineer – Mario Caldato Jr.
- Remastered By – Beastie Boys, Chris Athens
- Remix – The Prunes (tracks: 2-1, 2-5, 2-12)
- Written-By – A. Horovitz* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-12), A. Yauch* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-12), Beastie Boys, Bobo* (tracks: 1-4, 1-8, 1-12, 1-15, 1-18), Caldato* (tracks: 1-1, 1-9, 1-13, 1-14, 1-17, 1-19), Nishita* (tracks: 1-4, 1-8 to 1-10, 1-12, 1-14, 1-15, 1-18, 1-20), M. Diamond* (tracks: 2-1 to 2-12)
Bonus Disc of B-Sides with 2 unreleased tracks + fold out lyric sheet.
Remastered by Beastie Boys and Chris Athens at Sterling Sound, NYC
Tracks 1, 9 and 10 are taken from the Root Down EP (#33603, 1995)
Tracks 2, 3 and 4 are taken from the Sabotage/Get It Together 12" single (#58171, 1994)
Tracks 5, 7, and 11 are taken from the Sure Shot 12" single (#58226, 1994)
A percentage of the proceeds from "Alright Hear This," "Shamabala," and "Bodhisattva Vow" will go to a Not-For-Profit
Q-Tip appears courtesy of Jive Records.
Biz Markie appears coetesy of his own damn self.
Recorded & mixed at: G-Son Studios, with the parquet floor, Atwater Village, CA, and Tin Pany Alley, New York, NY.
Sequences at Bundy's Playhouse
Mastered at Futuredisc by Tom Baker
Inspiration provided by:
Sure Shot: Contains a sample from "The Funny Side Of Moms Mabley" recording courtesy of MCA Records Inc.; and embodies portions of the composition "Howlin' For Judy" (J. Steig) published by EMI Deshon Music Inc. (BMI), performed by Jeremy Steig, courtesy of Blue Note Records, a division of Capitol Records, Inc.
Root Down: Contains samples from "Root Down (and Get It)" (J. Smith) published by Jimmy's Music and performed by Jimmy Smith under license from PolyGram Special Markets, a division of PolyGram Group Distribution, Inc.
Get It Together: Contains samples from "Headless Heroes" (E. McDaniels) published by Lonport Music (BMI), performed by Eugene McDaniels, courtesy of Atlantic Recording Corporation, by arrangement with Warner Special Products.
The Update: Contains a sample from "Children Of The Earth Flames" performed by John Klemmer, courtesy of MCA Records, Inc.
Alright Hear This: Contains excerpts from "Graffiti Rock" performed by Michael Holman, courtesy of Michael Holman.
Flute Loop: Contains elements from "Flute Thing" (Al Kooper) published by Unichappell Music, Inc., Sea-Lark Entertainment and Six Continents Music (BMI). All rights administered by Unichappell Music, Inc. all rights reserved. Used by permission. "Flute Thing" performed by The Blues Project, under license from PolyGram Special Markets, a division of PolyGram Group Distribution, Inc.; and contains a sample from "Craps (After Hours)" performed by Richard Pryor, courtesy of Richard Pryor.
The Scoop: Contains a sample from "Jacob's Ladder" (C. Walton Jr.) published by Vernita Music (BMI) and performed by Cedar Walton Jr., courtesy of Columbia Records; and contains samples from "Atma-Tomorrow" performed by Michael Urbaniak's Fusion, courtesy of Columbia Records; and contains samples from "I Know I Could Love You Better" performed by The Free Movement, courtesy of Columbia Records; and contains samples from "Tough" (J. Moore, L. Smith, R. Ford & R. Simmons) published by Neutral Gray Music, Original J.B. Music, Funkgroove Music & Rushgroove Music (ASCAP) and performed by Kurtis Blow, under license from PolyGram Special Markets, a division of PolyGram Group Distribution.
All samples cleared by Pat Shannahan at My Forte.
7095 Hollywood Blvd. #1190
Hollywood, CA 90028
This recording and artwork are protected by copyright law. Using internet services to distribute copyrighted music, giving away illegal copies of discs or lending discs to others for them to copy is illegal and does not support those involved in making this piece of music - especially the artist.
By carrying out any of these actions it has the same effect as stealing music, applicable laws provide severe civil and criminal penalties for the unauthorized reproduction, distribution and digital transmission of copyrighted sound recording.
All songs published by Brooklyn Dust Music/Polygram International Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP) except "Get It Together" published by Brooklyn Dust Music/Polygram International Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP) and Zomba Enterprises, Inc./Jazz Merchant Music (ASCAP)
This compilation ℗ © 2009 Capitol Records, LLC and Beastie Boys. Manufactured by Capitol Records, LLC. 1750 N. Vine Street, Hollywood, CA 90028. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is a violation of applicable laws.
509996 94232 22
"Music from EMI" is printed on the spine of slipcase.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099969 423222
- Matrix / Runout (CD1, Variant 1): 6958042 A964104-01 manufactured by optimal media production
- Matrix / Runout (CD2, Variant 1): 6958052 A964104-02 manufactured by optimal media production
- Matrix / Runout (CD1, Variant 2): DIDX-233136 1
- Matrix / Runout (CD2, Variant 2): DIDX-233137 1
- Matrix / Runout (CD1, Variant 3): 6958042 13 A00
- Matrix / Runout (CD2, Variant 3): 6958052 11 A00
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi L573
- Mastering SID Code (CD1, Variant 2): IFPI L328
- Mastering SID Code (CD2, Variant 2): IFPI L328
- Mastering SID Code (CD1, Variant 3): IFPI L553
- Mastering SID Code (CD2, Variant 3): IFPI L551
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 9706
- Mould SID Code (CD1, Variant 2): IFPI 5083
- Mould SID Code (CD2, Variant 2): IFPI 50DF
- Mould SID Code (CD1, Variant 3): IFPI 94K4
- Barcode (CD2, Variant 3): IFPI 94K4
Other Versions (5 of 82) View All
|C2 7243 8 28599 2 5||Beastie Boys||Ill Communication (CD, Album, EMI)||Capitol Records, Grand Royal||C2 7243 8 28599 2 5||US||1994||Sell This Version|
|7 243 8 28599 1 8, EST 2229||Beastie Boys||Ill Communication (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, Gat)||Capitol Records, Grand Royal||7 243 8 28599 1 8, EST 2229||UK||1994||Sell This Version|
|7243 8 28599 2 5||Beastie Boys||Ill Communication (CD, Album)||Capitol Records||7243 8 28599 2 5||Europe||1994||Sell This Version|
|none||Beastie Boys||Ill Communication (Cass)||Not On Label||none||1994||Sell This Version|
|C4 7 2438307354 2||Beastie Boys||Ill Communication (Clean Version) (Cass, Album, Gre)||Capitol Records||C4 7 2438307354 2||US||1994||Sell This Version|