Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Rhymin’ & Stealin’||4:08|
|A2||The New Style||4:35|
|A4||Posse In Effect||2:27|
|A7||Fight For Your Right||3:28|
|B1||No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Lead Guitar – Kerry King
Written-By – Adam Horovitz, Darryl McDaniels, Joseph Simmons
|B3||Hold It Now, Hit It||3:29|
|B5||Slow And Low
Written-By – Darryl McDaniels, Joseph Simmons
|B6||Time To Get Ill||3:37|
- Art Direction – Stephen Byram
- Artwork [Cover Art] – World B. Omés
- Co-producer – Beastie Boys
- Engineer [Head] – Steve Ett
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Photography By [Gatefold Photo] – Sunny Bak
- Photography By [Sleeve Photos] – Ricky Powell (2)
- Producer – Rick Rubin
- Written-By – Beastie Boys (tracks: A1 to A7, B3, B4, B6), R. Rubin*
℗ 1986 CBS Inc.
Manufactured by Columbia Records/CBS Inc., 51 W. 52 Street, N.Y., N.Y.
Gatefold cover with printed inner sleeve.
Catalog number is printed as "FC 40238" on the jacket's spine and as "C 40238" on the disc labels.
This version can be identified by the runout grooves, which lack the Direct Metal Mastering (DMM) etching found on the other variation that has the same "FC 40238" catalog number printed on the jacket.
There is also another version with the catalog number BFC 40238 printed on the jacket.
Per Tim Neely of Goldmine:
"In the 1980s, there also were albums with three letters, usually "BFC"; these are early pressings of certain LPs that were released at a lower list price. If they became popular, they were re-released without the "B" (as "FC") with a revised bar code (usually adding an "02" to the number on the back) and a higher price."
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 74644 02381 02
- Barcode (String): 0746440238102
- Barcode (Scanned): 074644023817
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): AL 40238
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): BL 40238
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #1 side A hand-etched): GET OFF MY BACK BBB [arranged in a triangle] P 45567-A AL 40238-1A - H MASTERDISK SBMA H SM0232 1ALC9
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #1 side B hand-etched): WATCH YOUR BACK BL 40238-1C G1 MASTERDISK SMM G18
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #2 side hand-etched): GET OFF MY BICK BBB [arranged in a triangle] 45567-A AL-40238-1A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #3 side A hand-etched): GET OFF MY BICK BBB [arranged in a triangle] P 45567-A AL-40238-1A-D MASTERDISK SBMA42 SBM01 A1A11
- Matrix / Runout (Runout variant #3 side B hand-etched): S13MA 3 SBMO3 CICA [above] WATCH YOUR BACK ↓ 45567-B BL-40238-1A G3
Other Versions (5 of 163) View All
|C 40238, FC 40238, 40238||Beastie Boys||Licensed To Ill (LP, Album)||Def Jam Recordings, Columbia, Columbia||C 40238, FC 40238, 40238||US||1986||Sell This Version|
|450062 1||Beastie Boys||Licensed To Ill (LP, Album)||Def Jam Recordings||450062 1||UK||1986||Sell This Version|
|24.458||Beastie Boys||Licensed To Ill (Cass, Album)||Epic||24.458||Brazil||1986||Sell This Version|
|CCK 40238||Beastie Boys||Licensed To Ill (CD, Album, Club)||Def Jam Recordings||CCK 40238||Canada||1986||Sell This Version|
|527 351-2||Beastie Boys||Licensed To Ill (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP)||Def Jam Recordings||527 351-2||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|