Beck – Sea Change
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The Golden Age
Glockenspiel – Beck, Roger Joseph Manning Jr.
Guitar – Jason Faulkner*Percussion – Nigel Godrich
|A3||Guess I'm Doing Fine
Backing Vocals – Joey WaronkerHarmonica – BeckSynthesizer – Nigel Godrich
Guitar – Justin Meldal-JohnsenKeyboards – Beck
Banjo – BeckGlockenspiel – Justin Meldal-JohnsenPercussion, Backing Vocals – Smokey Hormel
|B3||End Of The Day||5:03|
|C1||It's All In Your Mind
Cello – Suzie KatayamaPiano [Wurlitzer] – Beck
|C2||Round The Bend
Arranged By [Strings] – BeckFeaturing [String Treatment] – Nigel Godrich
Electronic Drums – Joey WaronkerHarmonium, Banjo, Banjo [Indian] – Roger Joseph Manning Jr.Piano, Glockenspiel – Beck, Justin Meldal-JohnsenPiano, Saxophone [Bamboo], Tape, Other [Megamouth], Percussion – Smokey Hormel
Backing Vocals – Joey WaronkerGuitar, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Jason Faulkner*
|D3||Side Of The Road||3:23|
|D4||Ship In The Bottle|
- Licensed From – Universal Music Enterprises
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Geffen Records
- Copyright (c) – Geffen Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Inc.
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Remastered At – Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
- Distributed By – Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Inc.
- Lacquer Cut At – Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
- Pressed By – Record Technology Incorporated – 18444
- Acoustic Guitar – Beck (tracks: A1, A3, B2 to D3), Smokey Hormel (tracks: B1, B2, C1, C3)
- Acoustic Guitar [Slide] – Smokey Hormel (tracks: B3, D1, D3)
- Arranged By [Strings], Conductor – David Campbell (tracks: A2, B1, C2)
- Artwork – Jeremy Blake
- Backing Vocals – Beck (tracks: A3, B2, D1, D2), Justin Meldal-Johnsen (tracks: A3, B2, D2), Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (tracks: A3, B2, D2)
- Bass – Justin Meldal-Johnsen (tracks: A1 to B1, B3, C3 to D2)
- Clavinet – Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (tracks: A3, B2, B3, D1)
- Design – Kevin Reagan
- Design, Vocals, Written-By – Beck
- Double Bass [Upright Bass] – Justin Meldal-Johnsen (tracks: B2, C1, C2, D1, D3)
- Drums – James Gadson (tracks: A2, B1, B3, C3), Joey Waronker (tracks: A1, A3, B2, C1, D1 to D3)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Darrell Thorp
- Guitar – Beck (tracks: C1, D1, D2), Smokey Hormel (tracks: A1, A3, B2, C1, D1)
- Keyboards – Nigel Godrich (tracks: A2, B1, B3)
- Lacquer Cut By – RML*
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By [Surround Sound Mix] – Elliot Scheiner
- Percussion – Beck (tracks: B2, D1, D2), Joey Waronker (tracks: A2, B1, B3), Justin Meldal-Johnsen (tracks: B2, D1, D2), Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (tracks: B2, D1, D2)
- Photography By – Autumn De Wilde*
- Piano – Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (tracks: A3, D1, D2)
- Piano [Wurlitzer] – Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (tracks: A1, C1, D3)
- Producer, Engineer, Mixed By – Nigel Godrich
- Remastered By – Rob LoVerde
- Synthesizer – Beck (tracks: A1, A3, C1), Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (tracks: A1, B2, C1, D1)
“Every cut on this amazing album was delivered to MoFi Engineers on an individual reel: it took months to get the perfect sounding remaster on this title!
The golden age is upon us: This half-speed mastered 2-LP set is the definitive analog version of Beck’s masterpiece.
Beck’s “Sea Change” remains the best record of the indie icon’s career. And how. The sonic chameleon shocked the world in 2002 with this warm-sounding folk-pop album—a sincere, honest, and mature meditation on the end of a nine-year relationship with his girlfriend. As for the vocalist’s trademark irony, sarcasm, and humor? Not here. In their place is an affecting emotionalism to which anyone who’s ever been in (or out) of love will relate. The music is equally personal and meditative. Gorgeous string arrangements come courtesy of his father, David Campbell, and illustrate the heartbreak that informs the beautiful melodies and tranquil moods.
Best of all, this album is anything but a bummer. Intending to be heard to from start to finish, Beck begins the record with songs conveying emptiness and loss, and gradually moves on to narratives that detail what changes are necessary to regain a sense of identity, purpose, and feeling. By the time he reaches the concluding “Little One,” the healing has begun. Consider this Beck’s mellowest gold—a feat confirmed by its selection as the #2 record of 2002 on Village Voice’s all-encompassing Pazz & Jop poll.
And now, thanks to truly painstaking remastering efforts, this embraceable and intimate gem sounds better than ever. No lie. Master tapes of every cut were delivered to Mobile Fidelity engineers on a separate reel, with the finished product taking months to perfect. Unlike previous digital versions, no compression or dynamic processing was used, making this half-speed mastered 180-gram 2-LP set not just the definitive version — it’s the only analog version worth owning!”
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 8 21797 23081 0
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): MFSL 2-308 A1 RML 2 18444.1(3)...
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): MFSL 2-308 B1 RML 2 18444.2(3)...
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): MFSL 2-308 C1 RML 2 18444.3(3)...
- Matrix / Runout (Side D): MFSL 2-308 D1 RML/2 18444.4(3)...
Other Versions (5 of 41) View All
|0694933932-A||Beck||Sea Change (CD, Album)||DGC||0694933932-A||US||2002||Sell This Version|
|0694933932-B||Beck||Sea Change (CD, Album)||DGC||0694933932-B||Canada||2002||Sell This Version|
|0694933932 B||Beck||Sea Change (CD, Album)||DGC||0694933932 B||US||2002||Sell This Version|
|00600753444511, 00602537356638||Beck||Sea Change (Blu-ray, Blu-ray-A, Album, Multichannel)||Geffen Records, Geffen Records||00600753444511, 00602537356638||Europe||2013||Sell This Version|
|UICY-6154||Beck||Sea Change (CD, Album)||Geffen Records||UICY-6154||Japan||2006||Sell This Version|