Recorded 2 - 9 December 1958 in Walthamstow Assembly Hall, London.
First UK version for this cat#.
Versions with the same or a similar cat# :
- Red plastic gatefold sleeve, first labels (this version)
- <a href=http://www.discogs.com/release/2600293>Box set</a>
- Black/silver 'grooved wideband' labels
- "ORIGINAL RECORDING BY" at 11 o'clock
- "Made in England" at bottom
(labelography code: ED1)
- "RECORDING FIRST PUBLISHED 1959"
- "Hawkes & Son" on all sides
- Matrix numbers printed upside-down
- Side numbers are in 'auto-coupled' order
- Dark red plastic gatefold with gold lettering
- Has four separate die-cut pockets inside the gatefold, which hold the records, the booklet and the photo insert
- Gold lettering on spine
- Triangular "DECCA STEREOPHONIC" logo on front
- 12 pages
- Doesn't contain a libretto
- Contains an opera introduction and synopsis
- Contains notes on the recording
- Contains a contemporary discography of the works of Benjamin Britten recorded on the Decca label
- "© The Decca Record Co. Ltd., London, 1959."
Also contains a 1-page insert showing the 'anchor chain' image that was later used as a cover photo for the box set.
The insert is printed on thin cardboard.
1st cat# on spine and inside of booklet.
2nd cat# on front of sleeve.
Corresponding mono issue has cat# LXT 5521-3
Tracklisting taken from labels.
Inconsistencies in separators and numbering are printed this way on labels.
Subtracks are not banded on vinyl.
No track duration info on sleeve or labels.