Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Greetings To The New Brunette
Electric Guitar – Johnny MarrPercussion – Simon MoretonSlide Guitar – John PorterVocals – Kirsty MacColl
Violin – Bobby ValentinoWritten-By – Zenon Defleur*
|A5||Levi Stubbs' Tears
Percussion – Simon Moreton
|A6||Honey, I'm A Big Boy Now
Piano – Kenny Craddock
|B1||There Is Power In A Union
Lyrics By – Billy BraggMusic By [Tune] – Traditional
|B2||Help Save The Youth Of America
Mandolin – John Porter
|B3||Wishing The Days Away
Mandolin – John PorterViolin – Bobby Valentino
Electric Guitar – Johnny MarrVocals – Kirsty MacColl
|B5||The Warmest Room
Organ – Kenny Craddock
|B6||The Home Front|
- Printed By – Ever Reddy
- Recorded At – Livingston Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Go! Discs Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Go! Discs Ltd.
- Manufactured By – PolyGram Inc.
- Distributed By – PolyGram Distribution Inc.
- Published By – Carlin Music Corp.
- Copyright (c) – Chappell Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Raduga Publishers
- Mastered At – Disques SNB Ltée.
- Pressed By – CBS Records Canada Ltd.
- Bass Guitar – John Porter (tracks: A1, A3, B5)
- Liner Notes [Poem Translated By] – Peter Tempest
- Liner Notes [Poem] – Vladimir Mayakovsky
- Mastered By – EL*
- Other [Not Available Due To Bus Strike] – Wiggy
- Percussion [Assorted] – George Shilling, Kenny Jones (3)
- Performer [Everything Else] – Billy Bragg
- Photography By [Back Cover Photograph, Berlin] – Hans Praefke
- Photography By [Sleeve Photograph] – Penny Smith*
- Producer – John Porter, Kenny Jones (3)
- Tape [Tape Op], Other [Tea And Biscuits] – George Shilling
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Dave Woodhead (tracks: A3, A5, B6)
- Written-By – Billy Bragg (tracks: A1, A3 to A6, B2 to B6)
For copyright reasons, this album is not available in South Africa.
'ER' on bottom right of back cover.
Recorded at Livingston Studios, London. ℗ 1986 Go! Discs Ltd. © 1986 Go! Discs Ltd. Manufactured by PolyGram Inc. and distributed by PolyGram Distribution Inc., St-Laurent, Quebec. Made in Canada.
Track A2 published by Carlin Music Corp. Originally recorded by The Count Bishops in 1976 on a Chiswick Records single cat. no. S5A.
All lyrics reproduced courtesy of Chappell Music Ltd. ©1986 Chappell Music Ltd. London WI.
Mayakovsky poem from 1926. English Translation © Raduga Publishers 1985.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 42283 12171 97
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 runouts): 831•217-1A-3 SnB 230 EL DM-3
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 runouts): 831-217-1B SnB 230 EL DM-3
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 runouts): 831•217-1A-3 SnB 230 EL DM-G
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 runouts): 831-217-1B SnB 230 EL DM-2
Other Versions (5 of 45) View All
|AGOLP 6||Billy Bragg||Talking With The Taxman About Poetry (LP, Album, PRS)||Go! Discs||AGOLP 6||UK||1986||Sell This Version|
|D 21016||Billy Bragg||Talking With The Taxman About Poetry (CD, Album, RE)||Liberation Records||D 21016||Australia||1991||Sell This Version|
|CHR 1533||Billy Bragg||Talking With The Taxman About Poetry (LP, Album, Promo)||Go! Discs, Chrysalis||CHR 1533||Italy||1986||Sell This Version|
|9 60502-1, 60502-1||Billy Bragg||Talking With The Taxman About Poetry (LP, Album, Promo)||Elektra, Elektra||9 60502-1, 60502-1||US||1986||Sell This Version|
|5D-0649||Billy Bragg||Talking With The Taxman About Poetry (Cass, Album)||DRO||5D-0649||Spain||1989||Sell This Version|