Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Opening: I Can't Turn You Loose
Written-By – Redding*
Written-By – Dickson*
|A3||Messin' With The Kid
Written-By – London*
|A4||(I Got Everything I Need) Almost
Written-By – Walsh*
Lead Vocals – Elwood BluesWritten-By – Johnson*
|A6||Shot Gun Blues||5:13|
Written-By – Floyd*
|B2||I Don't Know||4:07|
Written-By – Porter/Hayes*
|B4||"B" Movie Box Car Blues
Written-By – McClinton*
|B5||Flip, Flop & Fly||3:35|
|B6||Closing: I Can't Turn You Loose
Written-By – Redding*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Distributed By – WEA Records Ltd.
- Made By – WEA Musik GmbH
- Recorded At – Universal Amphitheatre
- Recorded By – Record Plant Mobile, Los Angeles
- Mixed At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
- Mastered At – Strawberry Mastering
- Pressed By – Record Service Alsdorf
- Published By – Shapiro Bernstein
- Published By – Planetary Nom (London) Ltd.
- Published By – Aviation Music Ltd.
- Published By – Republic Music Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music
- Published By – RSO/Chappell
- Published By – Leeds Music Ltd.
- Arranged By [Horns Arranged By] – Tom Malone
- Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Al Rubin*, Elwood Blues, Lou Marini, Paul Shaffer, Steve Jordan, Tom Malone, Tom Scott
- Baritone Saxophone, Trombone – Tom "Bones" Malone*
- Bass Guitar – Donald "Duck" Dunn
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Laila Nabulsi
- Design, Artwork By [Photo Coloring] – Judith Jacklin
- Directed By [Musical Director] – Paul Shaffer
- Drums – Steve "Getdwa" Jordan*
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jay Krugman
- Engineer [Recording] – Warren Dewey
- Guitar – Matt "Guitar" Murphy*, Steve "The Colonel" Cropper*
- Harmonica – Elwood Blues
- Lead Vocals – Joliet Jake Blues
- Organ [Hammond], Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Piano [Acoustic] – Paul "The Shiv" Shaffer*
- Photography By – David Alexander (5)
- Producer [Assistant To The Producer] – Belinda Tischler
- Producer, Engineer, Mixed By – Bob Tischler
- Sleeve Notes – Miami Mitch Glazer*
- Tenor Saxophone – Lou "Blue Lou" Marini*, Tom "Bones" Malone*, Tom "Triple Scale" Scott*
- Trumpet – Alan "Mr. Fabulous" Rubin*, Tom "Bones" Malone*
Remote recording: Record Plant, L.A. Mixed at Record Plant, N.Y.
An ATLANTIC Recording. Distributed by WEA Records Limited, A Warner Communications Company.
Made in Germany by WEA Musik GmbH.
The sleeve notes are in English only. The "rights reserved" on the rim of the labels are in French, German and English.
Warner logo embossed on the back cover.
Dedicated to Curtis Salgado.
Very special thanks to Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi.
Cat# Sleeve: ATL 50 556
Cat# Labels: K 50 556
For version with identical BaOI but w/o publisher credits and other differences in center labels see Briefcase Full Of Blues.
For version with cat# Labels: ATL 50 556 and Rights Society GEMA (only) see here: Briefcase Full Of Blues.
Publisher (as shown on labels) - Tracks:
> Shapiro Bernstein - A1, B6
> Copyright Control - A2 to A4, A6
> Planetary Nom (London) Ltd. - A5
> Aviation Music Ltd. - B1
> Republic Music Ltd. - B2
> Warner Bros. Music - B3
> RSO/Chappell - B4
> Leeds Music Ltd. - B5
R/S Alsdorf credits in the runouts were introduced in 1981
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Label Code: LC 0121
- Rights Society: GEMA/Biem
- Price Code (Germany: ): ⓩ
- Price Code (France:): WE 321
- Other (US cat# in brackets on the rear cover): (SD 19 217)
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 side A stamped): STRAWBERRY (G) R/S Alsdorf 50556 A2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 side B stamped): R/S Alsdorf 50556 B2x
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 side A etched): D
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 side A stamped except x 11 etched ): R/S Alsdorf 50556-A2x 11
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 side B stamped except UK 3 etched): R/S Alsdorf 50556 B2 UK 3
Other Versions (5 of 83) View All
|SD 19217||The Blues Brothers||Briefcase Full Of Blues (LP, Album, MO)||Atlantic||SD 19217||US||1978||Sell This Version|
|SD 19217||The Blues Brothers||Briefcase Full Of Blues (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 19217||US||1978||Sell This Version|
|CS 19217||Blues Brothers*||Briefcase Full Of Blues (Cass, Album)||Atlantic||CS 19217||US||1978||Sell This Version|
|S 90.340||The Blues Brothers||Briefcase Full Of Blues (LP, Album, RE)||Atlantic||S 90.340||Spain||1981||Sell This Version|
|TP 19217||The Blues Brothers||Briefcase Full Of Blues (8-Trk, Album)||Atlantic||TP 19217||Canada||1978||Sell This Version|