Tracklist Hide Credits
- Record Company – EMI Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Studio 55, Los Angeles
- Recorded At – Crystal Sound
- Recorded At – Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Rumbo Recorders
- Mastered At – Capitol Mastering
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 53630275
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Janet Weber
- Design [Art Design] – Bill Burks (2), Roy Kohara
- Engineer – Shelly Yakus
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Thom Panunzio
- Engineer [Assistant] – Bobby Gerber, Charlie Brewer, David Dubow (Also Known As Robert)*, Don Smith, Hill Brin Swimmer, Mike Brooks*, Stuart Furusho (Also Known As Howard)*
- Mastered By – Punch*, Walley Traugot*
- Mixed By – Don Smith (tracks: 1), Greg Edward (tracks: 2 to 9), Jimmy Iovine (tracks: 1, 4), Punch* (tracks: 2 to 9), Shelly Yakus (tracks: 1)
- Photography By – Tom Bert
- Photography By [Additional] – Michael Marks (2)
- Producer – Bob Seger (tracks: 8), Jimmy Iovine (tracks: 1 to 7, 9), Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section (tracks: 8)
- Production Manager [Production Logistics] – John Rapp
- Written-By – Bob Seger (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 9), Rodney Crowell (tracks: 4)
On rear page of booklet: Made in the UK
Tracks 1-6 recorded at Studio 55, Los Angeles, California. Additional overdubs on Track 4 at the Hit Factory, NY, NY.
Tracks 7 & 9 recorded at Crystal Sound Recording, Los Angeles, California.
Track 8 recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Sheffield, Alabama.
Don Felder and Glenn Frey appear courtesy of Asylum Records.
Roy Bittan of The E Street Band appears courtesy of Columbia Records.
Bonnie Raitt appears courtesy of Warner Bros. Records, Inc.
Bill Payne appears courtesy of Warner Bros. Records, Inc.
℗ 1982 Original sound recordings made by Capitol Records Inc.
© 1982 Capitol Records Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 077774 600521
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
- Matrix / Runout: [4x 'Universal' Logo] 00777 746 005-2 01 ✻ 53630275
- Matrix / Runout (Mould Area): MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC A
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0147
Other Versions (5 of 49) View All
|ST-12254||Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band*||The Distance (LP, Album)||Capitol Records||ST-12254||Canada||1982||Sell This Version|
|1C 064-400 150||Bob Seger And The Silver Bullet Band||The Distance (LP, Album)||Capitol Records||1C 064-400 150||Germany||1982||Sell This Version|
|SLEM-1109||Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band*||"La Distanca" -The Distance (LP, Album, RE)||Capitol Records||SLEM-1109||Mexico||1983||Sell This Version|
|14C 062-400150||Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band*||The Distance (LP, Album)||Capitol Records||14C 062-400150||Greece||1982||Sell This Version|
|2C 070-400150||Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band*||The Distance (LP, Album)||Capitol Records||2C 070-400150||France||1982||Sell This Version|