|1||First Movement (The Temple Of Venus, Part I)||4:43|
|2||Second Movement (The Temple Of Venus, Part II)||4:29|
|6||Sixth Movement (Fluid Density)||4:03|
|7||Seventh Movement (Polyhymnia)||5:48|
- Bass – Mark McCormick (3), Nicole Castleberry, Robert Johnson (11), Victor Rice
- Bass Clarinet – Anthony Brackett, Kathleen Holcomb
- Bassoon – Jean Cortese
- Cello – Dorothy Lawson, Matthew Goeke, Michelle Larson, Nancy Ives, Paige Stockley, Xiao Jun Wang
- Clarinet – Daniel Spitzer, David Stanton, Denise Hoff
- Conductor – Glen Cortese
- Design [Sleeve Design] – Hennebert*
- Flute – Bradley Garner, Norma Latuchie
- Horns – Alan Brown, Lois Ash, Luisa Mazzoni, Sarah Della Posta
- Keyboards – Alison Voth, Christopher Vassiliades
- Mixed By – Patrick Derivaz
- Music By – Glenn Branca
- Oboe – Kathryn Engelhardt, Mark Snyder
- Orchestra – The New York Chamber Sinfonia
- Percussion – Christopher Nappi, Dominic Donato, Frank Cassara
- Photography By – Joachim Riedl, Michael Moran (2)
- Producer [Recording Produced By] – Wharton Tiers
- Viola – Amy Leonard, Barry Stern (2), Carl Johansen (2), Joseph Nigro, Lea Slusher, Thomas Kluge
- Violin – Elizabeth Overweg, Gregor Kitzis, Jephta Bernstein, Karen Noble, Lynn Masciarelli, Nancy Lederer, Ron Hui Chen, Ryo Fukuda, Shirie Gale
- Violin, Concertmaster – Byron Tauchi
- Violin, Concertmaster [Associate] – Odette Burger
The World Premiere of "The World Upside Down" was on November 14, 16 and 17 1990 at Het Muziektheater, Amsterdam performed by The Noordhollands Philharmonisch Orkest conducted by Glen Cortese. The composer would like to thank Pieter Hofman for making these performances possible.
Made in Austria
The New York City premiere was on February 15 and 17, 1991 at City Center performed by The New York Chamber Sinfonia conducted by Glen Cortese.
The recording was made in February, 1991 at Clinton Sound Studios, NYC and mixed at Sorcerer Sound, NYC (with thanks to The Mary Flager Cary Trust).
"The World Upside Down" is dedicated to Raoul Vaneigem and "Book Of Pleasures" from which the title is taken.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5413303209608
- Rights Society: BIEM/SABAM TM