Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Published By – BMG Songs Ltd.
- Published By – Warner/Chappell Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – RPM Studios
- Recorded At – Blue Rock Studio
- Recorded At – Eldorado Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Different Fur Studios
- Recorded At – Sigma Sound Studios, New York
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Pressed By – Mediamotion
- Manufactured By – www.mediamotion.com
- Coordinator [Editorial Coordinator, For Nonesuch Records] – Robert Edridge-Waks
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator, For Nonesuch Records] – Eli Cane
- Coordinator [Project Coordinators, For Virgin Records] – Hik Sasaki, Nigel Reeve
- Design – Peter Buchanan-Smith*
- Design [Original Package Design] – Peter Saville (2)
- Engineer – Dave Jerden, Eddie Korvin, John Potoker, Neal Teeman, Stacy Baird
- Engineer [Assistant] – Don Mack, George Sloane, Howard Johnston, Hugh Dwyer*, Michael Ewasko
- Illustration [Booklet Cover Image] – Brian Eno
- Liner Notes – Amos Tutuola, Brian Eno, David Byrne, David Toop
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Photography By [Studio] – Hugh Brown (3)
- Supervised By [Production Supervisor, For Nonesuch Records] – Karina Beznicki
- Written-By – Busta Jones (tracks: 3)
- Written-By, Guitar [Guitars], Bass [Basses], Synthesizer [Synthesizers], Drums, Percussion [Percussions], Noises [Found Objects], Producer – Brian Eno, David Byrne
RPM, New York NY August 4 & 16, 1979.
Blue Rock, New York NY September 5, 1979.
Eldorado, Los Angeles, CA, February & March 1980.
Different Fur, San Francisco, CA, April 1980.
Sigma, New York, NY, October 1980.
Mastered at Sterling Sound, New York, NY, April 28, 2005.
Track 1: Unidentified indignant radio host, San Francisco, April 1980.
Track 2: Inflamed caller and smooth politician replying, both unidentified. Radio call-in show, New York, July 1979.
Tracks 3 & 8: Dunya Yusin, Lebanese mountain singer (From 'Music In The World Of Islam, 1: The Human Voice' Tangent Records TGS 131).
Track 4: Reverend Paul Morton, broadcast sermon, New Orleans, June 1980.
Track 5: Unidentified exorcist, New York, September 1980.
Track 7: The Moving Star Hall Singers, Sea Islands, Georgia (From 'The Moving Star Hall Singers' Folkways FS 3841).
Track 9: Samira Tewfik, Egyptian popular singer. (From 'Les Plus Grandes Artistes du Monde Arabe' EMI Records).
Track 10: Unidentified radio evangelist, San Francisco, April 1980.
Rooks on track 4 courtesy of April Potts.
All songs published by BMG Songs Ltd / Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
Virgin Records is a Virgin Music label. ℗ 2006 The copyright in this recording is owned by Virgin Records Ltd. © 2006 Virgin Records Ltd.
Catalogue number (on slipcase rear): 0946 3 31341 2 6 , BEDBX 1
Catalogue number (on spine/CD/booklet/sticker): 0946 331341 2 6
UK: BEDBX 1
Printed in the EU. Made in EU. Marketed and distributed by EMI.
This release comes in a jewel case in a cardboard slipcase (plus black sticker) with new artwork not on the original album. There is a twenty-eight page booklet which contains an excerpt from the book 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' by Amos Tutola, 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' (an essay by David Toop 22 Jan 2005) and 'The Making Of My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' by David Byrne with Brian Eno April 2005.
Tracks on Side 3 are previously unreleased.
Enhanced Content is the video of 'Mea Culpa' in QuickTime format.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 094633134126
- Barcode (Text): 0 94633 13412 6
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): [Mediamotion logo] www.mediamotion.com 3313412 @ 5 050102
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): [Mediamotion logo] www.mediamotion.com 3313412 @ 2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): [Mediamotion logo] www.mediamotion.com 3313412 @ 5 050101
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2 & 3): IFPI LW04
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): ifpi AAH93
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): ifpi AAHE4
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): ifpi AAH21
- Label Code: LC03098
- Rights Society: Bel Biem
- Price Code (F): none
Other Versions (5 of 76) View All
|SRK 6093||Brian Eno - David Byrne||Brian Eno - David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (LP, Album, Win)||Sire||SRK 6093||US||1981||Sell This Version|
|PRO 301705||Brian Eno & David Byrne||Brian Eno & David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (CD, Album, RM, Promo)||Nonesuch||PRO 301705||US||2006||Sell This Version|
|2302 100||Brian Eno & David Byrne||Brian Eno & David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (LP, Album)||EG, Polydor||2302 100||Germany||1981||Sell This Version|
|EGCD 48, 0777 786473 2 4||Brian Eno - David Byrne||Brian Eno - David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (CD, Album, RE)||EG, EG||EGCD 48, 0777 786473 2 4||Europe||2009||Sell This Version|
|XM5S-6093||Brian Eno - David Byrne||Brian Eno - David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (Cass, Album, Dol)||Sire||XM5S-6093||Canada||1981||Sell This Version|