Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Published By – BMG Songs Ltd.
- Published By – Warner/Chappell Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – RPM Studios
- Recorded At – Blue Rock Studio
- Recorded At – Eldorado Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Different Fur Studios
- Recorded At – Sigma Sound Studios, New York
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Pressed By – www.takt.eu – 2100001697662
- Coordinator [Editorial Coordinator, For Nonesuch Records] – Robert Edridge-Waks
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator, For Nonesuch Records] – Eli Cane
- Coordinator [Project Coordinators, For Virgin Records] – Hik Sasaki, Nigel Reeve
- Cover [Booklet Cover Image] – Brian Eno
- Design – Peter Buchanan-Smith*
- Design [Original Package Design By] – Peter Saville (2)
- Engineer – Dave Jerden, Eddie Korvin, John Potoker, Neal Teeman, Stacy Baird
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Don Mack, George Sloane, Howard Johnston, Hugh Dwyer*, Michael Ewasko
- Liner Notes – Amos Tutuola, Brian Eno, David Byrne, David Toop
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Photography By [Studio Photography By] – Hugh Brown (3)
- Songwriter [Songs Written By], Guitar [Guitars], Bass [Basses], Synthesizer [Synthesizers], Drums, Percussion [Percussions], Performer [Found Objects], Producer [Produced By] – Brian Eno, David Byrne
- Supervised By [Production Supervisor, For Nonesuch Records] – Karina Beznicki
- Written-By – Busta Jones (tracks: 3)
RPM, New York NY August 4 & 16, 1979
Engineer: Neal Teeman, Assistant Engineer: Hugh Dwyer
Blue Rock, New York NY September 5, 1979
Engineer: Eddie Korvin, Assistant Engineer: Michael Ewasko
Eldorado, Los Angeles, CA, February & March 1980
Engineer: Dave Jerden, Assistant Engineer: George Sloane
Different Fur, San Francisco, CA, April 1980
Engineer: Stacy Baird, Assistant Engineers: Don Mack, Howard Johnston
Sigma, New York, NY, October 1980
Engineer: John Potoker
Mastered [...] at Sterling Sound, New York, NY, April 28, 2005
Title from the book 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' by Amos Tutola (Grove Press)
Excerpt copyright © 1954 by Grove Press. Used by permission of Grove/Atlantic, Inc.
Special thanks to Dave Jerden
Booklet cover image: still from a video [...]
All songs published by BMG Songs Ltd / Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
Virgin Records is a Virgin Music label. ℗ 2006 The copyright in this recording is owned by Virgin Records Ltd. © 2006 Virgin Records Ltd.
Marketed and distributed by EMI. Printed in the EU
Made in EU.
Enhancement in QuickTime format
Side 3 tracks are previously unreleased
Catalog number on slipcase rear '0946 3 31341 2 6' and 'UK: BEDBX 1', on spine, CD, booklet and sticker '0946 331341 2 6'
Distribution code for France appears as 'F: '
Packaging: clear tray jewel case housed in an O-card with sticker on front, 28 page booklet including 'An excerpt from My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' by Amos Tutola, 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' by David Toop, Jan. 22. 2005 and 'The Making Of My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' by David Byrne with Brian Eno, April 2005
Tracks 1-5, 7-11 are from the original lp, from February 1981
Missing from the original lp is the track ‘Qu’ran’. In the 1982 second edition, this track (which features samples of Qur'anic recital) was removed at the request of the Islamic Council of Great Britain
Track 6 was the b-side of "The Jezebel Spirit" 12"
Tracks 12-18 were previously unreleased
Track 16 is a radically remixed version of ‘Qu'ran’ with a different vocal
This is the 25th anniversary release
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 94633 13412 6
- Label Code: LC03098
- Rights Society: Bel Biem
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1, 2, 3, 4): www.takt.eu 2100001697662 3313412
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2, 3, 4): IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 9R80
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 9R97
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI UU008
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 9R94
Other Versions (5 of 74) View All
|SRK 6093||Brian Eno - David Byrne||Brian Eno - David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (LP, Album, Win)||Sire||SRK 6093||US||1981||Sell This Version|
|PRO 301705||Brian Eno & David Byrne||Brian Eno & David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (CD, Album, RM, Promo)||Nonesuch||PRO 301705||US||2006||Sell This Version|
|2302 100||Brian Eno & David Byrne||Brian Eno & David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (LP, Album)||EG, Polydor||2302 100||Germany||1981||Sell This Version|
|207 963-620, 207 963||Brian Eno - David Byrne||Brian Eno - David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (LP, Album, RE)||EG, Virgin, EG, Virgin||207 963-620, 207 963||Europe||1987||Sell This Version|
|XM5S-6093||Brian Eno - David Byrne||Brian Eno - David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts (Cass, Album, Dol)||Sire||XM5S-6093||Canada||1981||Sell This Version|