- Band – Brother George And His Sanctified Singers (tracks: B4, B5)
- Compiled By, Producer – Johnny Parth
- Guitar – Buddy Moss (tracks: B9, B10)
- Harmonica – Jordan Webb (tracks: A1 to A4, A6, A7, A9, B1, B3 to B5, B8), Sonny Terry (tracks: B7 to B9)
- Vocals, Guitar – Brownie McGhee
- Washboard – "Oh Red" (George Washington)* (tracks: A2, A4 to A6, B10), Robert Young (13) (tracks: B6, B7, B10), Washboard Slim (Robert Young)* (tracks: A9, A10, B1 to B3)
A1, A2: Chicago, 6 August 1940
A3 to A7: Chicago, 7 August 1940
A8 to A10, B1 to B3: Chicago, 22 May 1941
B4, B5: Chicago, 23 May 1941
B6, B7: New York City, 22 October 1941
B8 to B10: New York City, 23 October 1941
Discographical details from Blues and Gospel Records 1920-1943 by Godrich & Dixon.
Cover Photo: © Paul Oliver, used by permission.
Original recordings from the collections of Joe Bussard, Willie Gschwendner, Roger Misiewicz, Johnny Parth, Werner Simon, Chris Strachwitz, Tom Tsotsi, Guido Van Rijn.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: AUSTRO MECHANA
- Matrix / Runout (Label, A side): DLP 514-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label, B side): DLP 514-B
- Matrix / Runout (A side, machine-stamped): DLP 541 A1 BE
- Matrix / Runout (B side, machine-stamped): DLP 541 B1 BE