- Bass – Curly Russell (tracks: B4 to B6, C1, C2), George Duvivier (tracks: C6 to D8), Paul Chambers (3) (tracks: D1 to E5, F2 to F4, I1 to J6), Sam Jones (tracks: G1 to H4), Tommy Potter (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Drums – Philly Joe Jones* (tracks: G1 to H4), Art Taylor (tracks: C6 to E5, F2 to F4, I1 to J6), Max Roach (tracks: B4 to B6, C1, C2), Roy Haynes (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Engineer – Doug Hawkins (tracks: A1 to D8), Rudy Van Gelder (tracks: E1 to J6)
- Piano – Bud Powell
- Tenor Saxophone – Sonny Rollins (tracks: A1 to A8)
- Trombone – Curtis Fuller (tracks: F2 to F4)
- Trumpet – Fats Navarro (tracks: A1 to A8)
Edition of 7,500 copies.
The earliest sets of this release sold were not hand-numbered, as the space for it had been eliminated (see pic). Evidently customer demand caused the label to start numbering box sets once more, though none of the booklets for this LP set have a designated space for a limited edition number.
A1 to D8 recorded at WOR Studios (mono)
E1 to J6 recorded at The Van Gelder Studios (stereo)