Burning Witch – Crippled Lucifer (10 Psalms For Our Lord Of Light)
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2.3||History Of Hell (Crippled Lucifer)||6:02|
Mixed By – Randall Dunn
|1996 Demo & Live|
|Burning Witch 1996 Demo|
|3.1||The Country Doctor||9:42|
|3.2||Tower Place / The Sea Hag||19:33|
|Burning Witch Live At Pioneer Theatre, Seattle 1996|
|3.3||The Sea Hag||9:55|
- Bass [Subharmonics] – G. Stuart Dahlquist
- Drums [Battledrums] – Jamie "Boggy" Sykes* (tracks: 1.1 to 1.5, 3.1 to 3.6)
- Drums [Wardrums] – B.R.A.D. (tracks: 2.1 to 2.5)
- Guitar – Greg Anderson (tracks: 3.3 to 3.6), S. O'Malley*
- Mastered By [10 Psalms For Our Lord Of Light] – Mell Dettmer
- Mastered By [7 Psalms For Our Lord Of Light] – Matthias Schneeberger*
- Recorded By – Aaron Evil (tracks: 2.1 to 2.5), Brian Kraft (tracks: 3.3 to 3.6), Pat Grey (tracks: 3.1, 3.2), Steve Albini (tracks: 1.1 to 1.5)
- Vocals [Vox], Sampler – EDGY 59
This compiles all released tracks of Burning Witch:
Tracks 1.1 to 1.4 taken from Towers....
Track 1.5 taken from Goatsnake / Burning Witch - Goatsnake / Burning Witch.
Tracks 2.1 to 2.4 taken from Burning Witch - Rift.Canyon.Dreams.
Track 2.5 taken from Asva / Burning Witch - Caprichos 1-80 / Rift Canyon Dreams.
All Tracks on "Towers..." by Burning Witch 1995-1996. Recorded September 1996 in Robert Lang Studios, Edmonds.
All Tracks on "Rift.Canyon.Dreams" by Burning Witch 1996-1997. Recorded March 1997 in Robert Lang Studios, Edmonds.
The track "Rift.Canyon.Dreams" was re-mixed August 2007 at Aleph, West Seattle (credited on the release as "mixed by" only, which, technically, is incorrect, as it was released in 2004 already).
Burning Witch - Crippled Lucifer (an earlier incarnation of this compilation, previously published on Southern Lord with the same catalog number, but only featuring 7 tracks, omitting 1.5, 2.4 and 2.5) mastered April 1998 in the Gas Chamber, Los Angeles.
This new version, referred to in the booklet as "Crippled Lucifer (10 Psalms For Our Lord of Light)", mastered August 2007 at Aleph.
This japanese edition comes with an exclusive third disc of demo recordings and live tracks.
The Demo 1996 was recorded September 1996 at Private Radio, Ballard on 1" tape.
The Live gig was recorded on VHS tape.
The contents of this three CD set are also available in the US from Southern Lord:
Limited to 2000 machine numbered copies Crippled Lucifer (10 Psalms For Our Lord Of Light) special edition (only available from the label), that contains a dropcard (1996 Demo & Live) with a MP3 download code for their 1996 Demo and a their first live concert.
The cover only refers to this release as "Crippled Lucifer".
All durations taken from japanese booklet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 988044 630529
- Matrix / Runout (disc A): TGCS-4748 1
- Mastering SID Code (disc A): IFPI L276
- Mould SID Code (disc A): IFPI 4578
- Matrix / Runout (disc B): TGCS-4749 2
- Mastering SID Code (disc B): IFPI L276
- Mould SID Code (disc B): IFPI 4578
- Matrix / Runout (disc C): TGCS-4750 1
- Mastering SID Code (disc C): IFPI L276
- Mould SID Code (disc C): IFPI 456A
Other Versions (5 of 10) View All
|sunn2||Burning Witch||Crippled Lucifer (Seven Psalms For Our Lord Of Light) (CD, Comp)||Southern Lord||sunn2||US||1998||Sell This Version|
|SUNN2||Burning Witch||Crippled Lucifer (10 Psalms For Our Lord Of Light) (CD, Album, RE + CD, Album, RE + Comp, Ltd, Num, RE)||Southern Lord||SUNN2||US||2008||Sell This Version|
|SUNN², SUNN 2||Burning Witch||Crippled Lucifer (Seven Psalms For Our Lord Of Light) (CD, Comp, RE)||Southern Lord, Southern Lord||SUNN², SUNN 2||US||1999||Sell This Version|
|SUNN2||Burning Witch||Crippled Lucifer (10 Psalms For Our Lord Of Light) (CD, Album, RE + CD, Album, RE + Comp, Dig)||Southern Lord||SUNN2||US||2008||Sell This Version|
|SUNN2||Burning Witch||Crippled Lucifer (2xCD, Album, Comp, RE)||Southern Lord||SUNN2||US||2008||Sell This Version|