Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Sure 'Nuff 'N Yes I Do||2:13|
|2||Zig Zag Wanderer
Percussion [Log Drum] – Milt Holland
|3||Call On Me||2:35|
Percussion [Log Drum] – Milt Holland
Theremin – Sam Hoffman*
|7||Yellow Brick Road
Percussion [Additional] – Taj MahalVoice [Intro] – Richard Perry
Percussion [Additional] – Milt Holland
|10||Where There's Woman||2:08|
|11||Grown So Ugly||2:26|
Guitar – Russ TitelmanTheremin – Sam Hoffman*
|13||Safe As Milk (Take 5)||4:11|
|15||Big Black Baby Shoes||4:50|
|17||Dirty Blue Gene||2:42|
|18||Trust Us (Take 9)||7:20|
|19||Korn Ring Finger||7:26|
- Arranged By – Don Van Vliet (tracks: 2 to 10, 12 to 19), Ry Cooder (tracks: 1, 11)
- Artwork, Design [Reissue] – Andy Morten
- Bass – Jerry Handley
- Design [Uncredited, Original Sleeve Design] – Tom Wilkes (2)
- Drums – John French
- Engineer – Gary Marker* (tracks: 1 to 12), Hank Cicalo (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Guitar – St. Clair*
- Guitar, Coordinator [Session Organizer] – Ry Cooder
- Liner Notes [Reissue] – Kris Needs
- Photography By [Original Photo] – Guy Webster
- Producer – Bob Krasnow (tracks: 1 to 12), Richard Perry (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Reissue Producer [For Compact Disc] – Andy Morten, Joe Foster
- Remastered By [At Studio 3] – Joe Foster, Norman Blake
- Vocals, Harmonica, Marimba [Bass] – Don Van Vliet
- Written-By – Don Van Vliet (tracks: 1 to 10, 12 to 19), Herb Bermann (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12), Jerry Handley (tracks: 9), Robert Pete Williams (tracks: 11)
"Tracks 1 to 12 recorded at RCA Studios, Hollywood, CA in April 1967"*
[*Note: This is incorrect. Track 1 was recorded at Sunset Sound, Hollywood - prior to the 4-track recordings at RCA].
"Originally released as Buddha LP BDS 5001 in September 1967"**
[**Note: This is incorrect. The company was 'Buddah', prior to BMG acquiring the defunct label and relaunching it as 'Buddha'. The original release was on the 1st Buddah series BDM 1001 (mono) & BDS 5001 (stereo)].
"Tracks 13 to 19 recorded in October and November 1967.
Remastered at Studio 3, Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
[The 1999 CD source for this was remastered at SAJE Sound, New York, NY.].
© 2009 Rev-Ola, a division of Cherry Red Records Ltd.
[P] 1968 Sony BMG Music Entertainment.
Cherry Red Records, 3a Long Island House, Warple Way, London W3 0RG. UK.
Distributed by Pinnacle.
Made in EU."
[Track timings do not appear on the release, taken from the CD-Player display.
The track-list in the booklet is correct. On the back insert & CD face it is incorrect, titling track 10 as "Where There's A Woman".
The center spread of the booklet states the images shown are from the "Original Gatefold Sleeve". Sleeve was not a gatefold. They are, in fact, from both sides of the original vinyl liner.
Marker engineered & produced early material for Safe As Milk at Sunset. Perry replaced him for the final work & Krasnow moved recordings to RCA].
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 013929 457126
- Matrix / Runout: CRREV271 01
- Other (Manufacturing plant): Sony DADC
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LY34
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AEW39
Other Versions (5 of 91) View All
|BDS 5001||Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band||Safe As Milk (LP, Album, Promo, Whi)||Buddah Records||BDS 5001||US||1967||Sell This Version|
|BDS 5063||Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band||Safe As Milk (LP, Album, RE)||Buddah Records||BDS 5063||US||1974||Sell This Version|
|203 009||Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band||Safe As Milk (LP, Album, Promo)||Buddah Records||203 009||Germany||1968||Sell This Version|
|MOVLP343||Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band||Safe As Milk (LP, Album, RE, 180 + LP, 180)||Buddah Records, Music On Vinyl||MOVLP343||Europe||2011||Sell This Version|
|BDS 5063||Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band||Safe As Milk (LP, Album, Promo, RE)||Buddah Records||BDS 5063||US||1970||Sell This Version|