Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Revenant
- Copyright (c) – Don Van Vliet
- Copyright (c) – Revenant
- Copyright (c) – Xeric
- Recorded At – Wally Heider Studios
- Recorded At – Avalon Ballroom
- Recorded At – Gold Star Studios
- Recorded At – Original Sound Studio
- Recorded At – MIDEM Music Festival
- Recorded At – Frank Freeman's Dance Studio
- Recorded At – Allegro Sound Studios
- Edited At – Airshow Mastering, Boulder, CO
- Mastered At – Airshow Mastering, Boulder, CO
- Mastered At – Record Technology Incorporated – 2979
- Remastered At – Bill Schnee Studios
- Designed At – World Of anArchie
- Designed At – Chunklet Graphic Control
- Art Direction – Jeff Hunt
- Bass – Jerry Handley
- Composed By – Don Van Vliet (tracks: A1 to A6, B3 to C2, C4, D2, D3)
- Design, Layout – Susan Archie
- Drums – Alex Snouffer* (tracks: A1 to A3, A5), John French (tracks: B3, B5 to D3), PG Blakely* (tracks: A4, A6 to B2)
- Edited By [Final Editing], Mastered By – Dave Glasser*
- Guitar – Alex Snouffer* (tracks: A4, A6 to D3), Doug Moon (tracks: A1 to B2, B4 to B7), Jeff Cotton (tracks: B3, C1 to D3), Rich Hepner (tracks: A1 to A3, A5)
- Harmonica – Don Van Vliet (tracks: A1 to B3, C1 to D3)
- Lacquer Cut By – KPG*
- Layout [Additional Layout] – Henry H. Owings
- Liner Notes [Liner Notes Team Par Excellence] – David Fricke, John Corbett, John French
- Mastered By [Remastering] – Bill Schnee (tracks: A1 to A6)
- Photography By [Front And Back Cover] – Ed Caraeff
- Photography By [Inside], Artwork By [Drawing] – Cal Schenkel
- Photography By [Photo Magic] – Potsy Duncan, Sue Pie
- Soprano Saxophone, Shenai [Shehnai] – Don Van Vliet (tracks: C3 to D1)
- Technician [Audio Wizardry] – Scott Colburn
- Tin Whistle – Don Van Vliet (tracks: C1, C2)
- Vocals – Don Van Vliet
Limited Edition audiophile vinyl in a gatefold sleeve, with 24-page libretto.
Sticker on the cover states that it "includes a poster too", but due to production problems this was included with "Grow Fins: Volume II" instead.
All tracks previously unreleased.
(Some previously have had airplay & have been available as unofficial recordings)
Track B1 also known/titled as "Tupelo, Mississippi"
Track B2 also known/titled as "Evil (Is Going On)"
Track B3 written/first issued by Slim Green & The Cats From Fresno [with Al Simmon & Sydney Maiden].
Track D1 first recorded by Johnson , but it has Traditional roots.
Track A4 is claimed [amicably] by Bermann as his lyrics. He was indeed present at Carolside.
Tracks A1 to A3, A5 and A6 recorded at Wally Heider Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Track A4 recorded at Don's mother's house on Carolside, Lancaster, CA.
Tracks A7, and B1 to B3 recorded live at Avalon Ballroom, San Francisco.
Track B4 recorded at Gold Star Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Tracks B5 to B7 recorded at Original Sound Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Tracks C1 and C2 recorded live at MIDEM Pop Festival, Cannes Beach, France.
Tracks C3, D1 and D2 recorded live at Frank Freeman's Dance Studio, Kidderminster, UK.
Track D3 believed recorded at Allegro Sound Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 00401 09801 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched): XER-LP-98-A KPG 2979.1(2)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, etched): XER-LP-98-B KPG 2979.2(2)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side C, etched): XER-LP-98-C KPG 2979.3(3)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side D, etched): XER-LP-98-D KPG 2979.4(2)
Other Versions (5 of 6) View All
|Revenant 210||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Grow Fins: Rarities (1965-1982) (4xCD + CD, Enh + Box, Album)||Revenant||Revenant 210||US||1999||Sell This Version|
|none||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Grow Fins: Rarities (1965-82) (CD, Promo, Smplr)||Revenant||none||US||1999||Sell This Version|
|XER-LP- 96, Te 52||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Grow Fins Vol. III: Grow Fins (2xLP, Album)||Xeric, Table Of The Elements||XER-LP- 96, Te 52||US||2001||Sell This Version|
|XER-LP- 97, Sb 51||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Grow Fins Vol. II: Trout Mask House Sessions (2xLP, Album, Promo, W/Lbl)||Xeric, Table Of The Elements||XER-LP- 97, Sb 51||US||1999||Sell This Version|
|XER-LP- 97||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Grow Fins Vol. II: Trout Mask House Sessions (LP, Album, TP)||Xeric||XER-LP- 97||US||1999||Sell This Version|