Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||The Dust Blows Forward 'N The Dust Blows Back||1:53|
Effects [Flesh Horn] – Antennae Jimmy Semens
|5||Hair Pie: Bake 1||4:58|
|6||Moonlight On Vermont||3:59|
|9||Sweet Sweet Bulbs||2:21|
|10||Neon Meate Dream Of A Octafish||2:26|
Guitar – Doug Moon
|12||My Human Gets Me Blues||2:46|
|14||Hair Pie: Bake 2||2:23|
Lead Vocals – Antennae Jimmy Semens
|17||When Big Joan Sets Up||5:18|
|19||Sugar 'N Spikes||2:30|
|20||Ant Man Bee
Horns [Simran Horn], Musette – Captain Beefheart
|21||Orange Claw Hammer||3:34|
|23||She's Too Much For My Mirror||1:40|
|24||Hobo Chang Ba||2:02|
|25||The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica)||2:04|
|26||Steal Softly Thru Snow||2:18|
|27||Old Fart At Play||1:51|
|28||Veteran's Day Poppy||4:31|
- Arranged By, Written-By, Lyrics By – Don Van Vliet
- Bass Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Vocals – Captain Beefheart
- Bass Clarinet, Vocals, Illustration [Drawings] – The Mascara Snake
- Bass, Narrator – Rockette Morton
- Design [Album] – Cal Schenkel
- Design [Cd Design], Other [Restoration] – Tom Recchion
- Drums – Drumbo
- Engineer, Technician [Special Electronic Modifications On Captain Beefheart's Band Equipment] – Dick Kunc
- Other [Most Recent In A Long Series Of Contract Negotiations Leading To An Actual Signing] – Neil C. Reshen
- Photography By – Cal Schenkel, Ed Caraeff
- Producer – Frank Zappa
- Slide Guitar [Glass Finger Guitar], Flute – Zoot Horn Rollo
- Slide Guitar [Steel-appendage Guitar] – Antennae Jimmy Semens
CD face in 2-color, red and black. Base-print white omitted (and the 'young Beefheart' image as black print only onto substrate).
℗ 1993 WEA International Inc.
Made in Japan
2-fold obi spine-wrap, 3-color (printed yellow, black and red), with barcode and cat#. Text in Japanese, with Warner 'W' logo and square box 'R' logo.
Back inlay: "The music on this Compact Digital Disc was originally recorded on analogue equipment, prior to modern noise reduction techniques. This Compact Disc preserves, as closely as possible, the sound of the original recording, but its high resolution also reveals the limitations in the master tape, including noise and other distortions".
Reprise Records a Warner Communications Company ['W' logo].
© 1970 Reprise Records. Printed in Japan.
UPC-a 7599 27196-2 (This code is on legacy art and relates to the international cat#: 927 196-2)
Cover booklet. Plus, a white folded insert sheet, black print, which includes Japanese CD album promotions of Beefheart works. These are also featured on the obi back, as 1. WPCP-5738 (Trout Mask Replica), 2. WPCP-5739 (Lick My Decals Off, Baby), 3. 5740 (Spotlight Kid/Clear Spot) and 4. WPCP-5741 (Shiny Beast [Bat Chain Puller]).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4988014757386
- Matrix / Runout: MbCb 2538 1
Other Versions (5 of 67) View All
|STS 1053, 2 STS 1053||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Trout Mask Replica (2xLP, Album, Aut)||Straight, Straight||STS 1053, 2 STS 1053||US||1969||Sell This Version|
|STS 1053, 2MS 2027||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Trout Mask Replica (2xLP, Album, RE)||Straight, Reprise Records||STS 1053, 2MS 2027||US||1974||Sell This Version|
|2MS 2027||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Trout Mask Replica (2xLP, Album, RE)||Warner Bros. Records, Reprise Records||2MS 2027||US||1989||Sell This Version|
|CRJ 2027||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Trout Mask Replica (Cass, Album)||Reprise Records||CRJ 2027||Canada||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|2MS 2027, 2MS-2027||Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band*||Trout Mask Replica (2xLP, Album)||Reprise Records, Reprise Records||2MS 2027, 2MS-2027||Australia||1972||Sell This Version|