- Backing Vocals – Sue Cofelt
- Bass – Walter Singleman
- Cello – Joe Bichsel
- Co-producer, Vocals, Guitar, Mixed By – Ric Vaughan
- French Horn – Cynthia Jefferson
- Talking Drum – Johnny Rubato
- Tambourine – Noel Lackey
- Trumpet – Charles Jefferson (2)
- Vocals, Guitar, Producer, Mixed By – Chet Kane
- Written-By – Chet Kane (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10), Rick DeMarco (tracks: 7)
I recalled later that Columbia was another name for America. The conjunction of the local and the mythological spoke to me. And then I thought, if Columbia could speak, what would she say?
Most of the songs on this CD were recorded using the same Neumann microphone for guitar, vocal, cello and percussion, a twenty-year-old Quad Eight board, and two ADATS. A mix of old and new technology.
Lyrics written in collaboration with Paul Kane. Photography and Design by Michael Craft. Background artist : Isabel Kahn. Type design by Ben Thompson.
Recorded and mixed at Squirrelly Audio, Seattle, WA.