Tracklist Hide Credits
- Clarinet, Clarinet [E-flat], Tenor Saxophone – Dick Cook
- Clarinet, Harmonica, Alto Saxophone – Ian Wheeler
- Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone – John Crocker
- Double Bass, Bass Guitar – Vic Pitt
- Drums – Norman Emberson
- Drums, Vocals – Freddie Kohlman
- Guitar – Johnny McCallum
- Guitar, Percussion – Roger Hill
- Keyboards, Percussion, Vocals – Dr. John
- Liner Notes – Chris Barber, Max Jones (2)
- Photography By – Bernard Long, David Redfern, Joachim E. Berendt*, Norbert Hess, Phonoco Archives
- Producer, Mixed By – Chris Barber, Mac Rebennack
- Trombone, Horn [Baritone], Percussion, Vocals – Chris Barber
- Trumpet – Teddy Fullick
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Patrick Halcox*
- Tuba – John Beecham
Disc 1 (A/B), sides printed as 1 and 2; Disc 2 (C/D), sides printed as 1 and 2.
Gatefold sleeve. Varnish-print full-color cover, unvarnished b/w half-tone inner spread. Images of 'Crescent City' musicians past/present.
Sleeve printed in UK.
© & ℗ 1981 Phonoco Ltd.
Labels: "Made in Holland".
℗ Phonoco International 1981
This release includes an A3 tour poster, with "Intercord" & "Black Lion" logos, referencing the release on catalog "Best.-Nr. INT 157.007"
Chris Barber & Dr. John did a 'Take Me Back To New Orleans' tour when this album was released.
The track 'Ti-Pi-Ti-Na' is sometimes titled 'Tipitina' on releases.
Liner notes: [Max Jones] Interview With Dr. John Courtesy of Melody Maker.
(The subtitles on the release effectively 'bring you to New Orleans' & 'take you through the streets')
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A&B-side label matrix): VR 22282
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout, stamped [horizontally at 6 o'clock] ): NL 08-22282-1A-1
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout, stamped [horizontally at 6 o'clock] ): NL 08-22282-1B-1
- Matrix / Runout (B&C-side label matrix): VR 22283
- Matrix / Runout (C-side runout, stamped [horizontally at 6 o'clock] ): NL 08-22283-1A-1
- Matrix / Runout (D-side runout, stamped [horizontally at 6 o'clock] ): NL 08-22283-1B-1
- Matrix / Runout (A, B, C, D-sides runout, stamped [inverted at 12 o'clock]): A
- Rights Society: STEMRA
Other Versions (2 of 2) View All
|INT 157.007||Chris Barber And Dr. John||Chris Barber And Dr. John - Take Me Back To New Orleans (2xLP, Album)||Black Lion Records, Intercord||INT 157.007||Germany||1981||Sell This Version|
|BLCD 760163||Chris Barber And Dr. John||Chris Barber And Dr. John - Take Me Back To New Orleans (CD, Album, RE)||Black Lion Records||BLCD 760163||UK, Europe & US||1991||Sell This Version|