Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Def Jam Recordings
- Copyright (c) – Def Jam Recordings
- Record Company – Universal International Music B.V.
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 54035771
- Recorded At – United Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Henson Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Electric Lady Studios
- Recorded At – Wire Road Studios
- Recorded At – Rhythm Estate Studios, Van Nuys, CA
- Mixed At – Larrabee North
- Mixed At – Rhythm Estate Studios, Van Nuys, CA
- Mastered At – Larrabee North
- A&R [Administration] – Nikisha Bailey
- A&R [Operations] – Leesa D. Brunson
- Art Direction [Art & Photography Production] – Tai Linzie
- Co-producer – Robert Glasper (tracks: 8)
- Contractor [String] – Shari Sutcliffe
- Coordinator [Sample Clearance] – Alien Music*, Danny Zook, Ron Cabiltes
- Design – Ryan Rogers
- Engineer [Mix Assistant] – Jeff Jackson (7) (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 to 15), Robin Florent (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 to 15)
- Engineer [Mix] – Chris Galland (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 to 15)
- Executive-Producer – Common, Dion "No ID" Wilson*
- Executive-Producer [Co] – Karriem Riggins
- Legal [Counsel] – Craig Marshall (5), Francois Mobasser, Myman Greenspan Fineman Fox Rosenberg & Light LLP*
- Management – Ashaunna Ayars, Jaha Johnson
- Management [Business Affairs] – Antoinette Trotman, Corey Williams (8), Ian Allen (7), Jamie Sudhalter, Lynn Gonzalez, Vol Davis III*
- Management [Digital] – Andrew Asare, Sean Glover
- Management [Marketing] – Shawnaé Corbett
- Mastered By – Michelle Mancini
- Mixed By – Karriem Riggins (tracks: 3, 6), Manny Marroquin (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 to 15)
- Photography By, Design [Cover] – Lorna Simpson (2)
- Producer – Karriem Riggins (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 8, 10 to 15), Robert Glasper (tracks: 4, 15)
- Product Manager [Package Production] – Paul Lane (3)
- Public Relations – Gabriel Tesoriero, Lydia Kanuga
- Recorded By – Karriem Riggins (tracks: 6), Michael Law Thomas* (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 to 14), Pat Viala (tracks: 15)
- Recorded By [Assistant Engineer] – Casey Cuayo (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 to 12, 14)
- Recorded By [Flute, Vocals, Trumpet, Organ, Horns] – Beatriz Artola (tracks: 9, 12, 14, 15)
- Recorded By [Strings] – Jess Sutcliffe (tracks: 4)
Track 2 contains elements of I'm Going Home (To Live With God)" (W. Mitchell) performed by O.V. Wright; contains speech excerpts from the album "Out Time Has Come" by Minister Louis Farrakhan.
Track 4 contains elements of "Catch a Groove" (K. Clarke, R. Greene, J. Riley) performed by Juice; contains interpolation of "Bring the Noise" (G. Clinton, C. Ridenhour, E. Sadler, H. Shocklee); contains elements from "I Have a Dream" a speech by Martin Luther King Jr.; contains elements from "Introduction from Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud" (J. Brown).
Track 5 contains elements of "You, Me and He" (J. Mtume) performed by Mtume; contains elements of "Sexy Mama" (W. Goodman, H. Ray, S. Robinson) performed by The Moments.
Track 7 contains elements of "Cormoran Blesse" (E. Cosma, V. Cosma) performed by Edgar Vercy
Track 8 contains elements of "Brooklyn Zoo" (D. Harris, R. Jones) performed by Ol' Dirty Bastard.
Track 10 contains elements of "Half Forgotten Daydreams" written and performed by John Cameron.
Track 11 contains elements of "Man" (A. Feeney) performed by Frank Dukes.
Track 12 contains elements of "A Place to Hide" written and perform by Mark Blumberg.
Track 14 contains elements of "Stoner's Creek" (A. Feeney) by Frank Dukes.
Tracks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14 Recorded at United Sound Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Mixed at Larrabee Studios, North Hollywood, CA
Track 3 Mixed at Rhythm Estate Studios, Van Nuys, CA
Tracks 4, 7 Strings recorded at Henson Studios, Los Angeles, CA
Track 6 Recorded and Mixed at Rhythm Estate Studios, Van Nuys, CA
Track 9 Recorded at Wire Road Studios, Houston, TX; Flute and Vocals recorded at Electric Lady Studios, NYC
Track 10 Recorded at Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Mixed at Larrabee Studios, North Hollywood, CA
Track 12 Trumpet recorded at Electric Lady Studios, NYC
Track 13 Recorded at Electric Lady Studios, NYC; Mixed at Larrabee Studios, North Hollywood, CA
Track 14 Organ recorded at Electric Lady Studios, NYC
Track 15 Recorded at Wire Road Studios, Houston, TX and Electric Lady Studios (Pat Viala), NYC; Horns Recorded at Electric Lady Studios, NYC; Mixed at Larrabee Studios, North Hollywood, CA
℗© 2016 Def Jam Recordings, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. (ARTium Recordings).
Made in the EU.
BJ The Chicago Kid appears courtesy of Motown Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
PJ appears courtesy of Atlantic Recording Corporation
Syd appears courtesy of Odd Future
Tasha Cobbs appears courtesy of Motown Gospel
Robert Glasper appears courtesy of Blue Note Records
Esperanza Spalding appears courtesy of Concord Records
Stevie Wonder appears courtesy of Wonder Power Music
Theo Croker appears courtesy of Okeh Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment
Robert Leslie Hurst appears courtesy of Bebob Records and Dot Time Records
John Legend appears courtesy of Getting Out Our Dreams/Columbia Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 02557 12429 3
- Label Code: LC 08427
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV27
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0125
- Matrix / Runout: 06025 571 242-9 01 + 54035771
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM