- Alto Saxophone – Earl Warren*, JImmy Powell (tracks: A1 to A7, B3 to B7)
- Bass – Rodney Richardson
- Clarinet – Rudy Rutherford
- Drums – Shadow Wilson
- Guitar – Freddie Greene*
- Piano – Count Basie
- Tenor Saxophone – Buddy Tate, Illinois Jacquet (tracks: A3 to A7), Lester Young (tracks: A2, B2 to B6), Lucky Thompson (tracks: A1, A3 to A5, A7, B1, B2, B7)
- Trombone – Dickie Wells, Eli Robinson, J.J. Johnson (tracks: A3 to A7, B1, B2), Louis Taylor (3) (tracks: A1, A2, B3 to B7), Ted Donelly*
- Trumpet – Al Killian (tracks: A1, A2, B3 to B7), Buck Clayton (tracks: A3 to A5, A7, B1, B2), Ed Lewis, Emmett Berry (tracks: A3 to A7), Harry Edison, Joe Newman (tracks: A1, A2, B3 to B7), Karl George (tracks: A3 to A5, A7, B1, B2), Snooky Young (tracks: A3 to A7, B1, B2)
- Vocals – Jimmy Rushing
Tracks A2 and B3 to B5 recorded New York, July - October 1944.
Tracks A1 and B6&7 recorded New York, November 1944.
Tracks B1&2 recorded New York, March - July 1945.
Tracks A3 to A7 recorded New York, either March - July 1945 or August - December 1945.
Other Versions (4 of 4) View All
|2M056-64865||Count Basie||I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter (LP, Mono, RE, Gat)||Music For Pleasure||2M056-64865||France||1982||Sell This Version|
|20 806||Count Basie & His Orchestra*||Jazz Live & Rare Vol. 11 - Broadcasts 1944/1945 (LP, Mono)||Delta (18), Jazzline||20 806||Germany||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|SLPXL 17779||Count Basie||The Golden Era Of Jazz 1. - Live And Rare (LP, Comp)||Delta Music, Krém||SLPXL 17779||Hungary||1983||Sell This Version|
|30 JA 5160, JA 5160||Super Count Basie And His Orchestra*||1944/1945 (LP, Album, Comp)||Musidisc, Jazz Anthology||30 JA 5160, JA 5160||France||Unknown||Sell This Version|