Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–Cynic (2)||Veil Of Maya||5:20|
|2||–Cynic (2)||Celestial Voyage||3:37|
|3||–Cynic (2)||The Eagle Nature
Soloist [Solo] – PM*
|5||–Cynic (2)||I'm But A Wave To...||5:28|
|6||–Cynic (2)||Uroboric Forms
Soloist [Solo] – JG*
|8||–Cynic (2)||How Could I||5:27|
|9||–Cynic (2)||Veil Of Maya (2004 Remix)||5:21|
|10||–Cynic (2)||I'm But A Wave To... (2004 Remix)||5:21|
|11||–Cynic (2)||How Could I (2004 Remix)||6:19|
Soloist [Solo] – PM*
|13||–Portal (3)||The Circle's Gone
Soloist [Solo] – Aruna
|14a||–Portal (3)||Endless Endeavors||3:54|
|14b||–Cynic (2)||I'm But A Wave To... (Instrumental)||5:27|
- Licensed To – Roadrunner Records
- Licensed From – The All Blacks B.V.
- Distributed By – Warner Music Group
- Manufactured By – Warner Music Group
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The All Blacks B.V.
- Copyright (c) – The All Blacks B.V.
- Published By – Roadblock Music, Inc.
- Published By – Lotus Feet Music
- Published By – BMG Songs, Inc.
- Recorded At – Morrisound Studios
- Mixed At – Morrisound Studios
- Remixed At – Platinum Gold
- Mastered At – Capitol Mastering
- A&R – Monte Conner
- Artwork [Reissue Photo Collages] – Christopher Russell
- Artwork [Reissue], Art Direction [Reissue] – Mr. Scott Design, Paul Masvidal, Sean Reinert
- Band [Cynic:], Bass, Chapman Stick – Sean Malone
- Band [Cynic:], Drums, Electronic Drums, Keyboards – Sean Reinert
- Band [Cynic:], Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer – Jason Gobel
- Band [Cynic:], Vocals, Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer – Paul Masvidal
- Bass – Chris Kringel (tracks: 12 to 14a)
- Cover [Cover Art "Angelic Manifestation"], Design [Cynic Logo Design] – Robert Venosa
- Engineer [Original Album], Mixed By – Scott Burns
- Liner Notes – Paul Masvidal, Ula Gehret
- Liner Notes  – Cynic (2)
- Mastered By [Original Album] – Mike Fuller
- Mastered By [Re-issued Album] – Kevin Bartley (tracks: 1 to 8), Mark Chalecki (tracks: 9 to 14)
- Photography By [Courtesy Of For Reissue] – Jason Gobel, Paul Masvidal, Sean Reinert
- Photography By [Individual Band Photos] – Theresa Blauch
- Producer – Portal (3) (tracks: 12 to 14a), Scott Burns
- Producer [Original Album] – Cynic (2)
- Reissue Producer – Paul Masvidal, Sean Reinert, Tom Burleigh
- Remix – John Hiler (tracks: 9 to 11, 14b)
- Songwriter [All Songs Written By] – Cynic (2)
- Vocals [Additional] – Sonia Otey, Steve Gruden, Tony Teegarden
- Vocals, Keyboards – Aruna Abrams* (tracks: 12 to 14a)
"THE EXPANDED EDITION:
- The metal masterpiece now remastered for supreme sound
- 6 Bonus Tracks
- Deluxe booklet contains new artwork, new liner notes, previously unseen pictures and a personal message from Paul Masvidal"
Tracks 1 to 8 is the original "Focus" album, remastered.
Tracks 9 to 11 & 14b are remixes of "Focus" songs.
NB: track 14b is not present in the tracklist and comes as a hidden track after "Endless Endeavors", so total track 14's length is 9:55.
Tracks 12 to 14a are demos taken from the 1994 "Portal Demo" (Fall 1994), a post-Cynic project that featured Gobel, Masvidal and Reinert alongside Aruna Abrams and Chris Kringel (who was also the touring bassist for Cynic).
Original album recorded and mixed at Morrisound Recording, Tampa, FL.
Reissue mastered at Capitol Mastering, Hollywood, CA.
Tracks 9 to 11 remixed at Platinum Gold, Venice, CA, July 2004.
Issued under license to Roadrunner Records from The All Blacks B.V.
℗&© 1993, 2004 The All Blacks B.V.
All songs published by Roadblock Music, Inc./Lotus Feet Music c/o BMG Songs, Inc. (ASCAP).
Made in the U.S.A.
Printed in the U.S.A.
Catalog number var. #1 is on the slipcase & in the booklet
Catalog number var. #2 is on the CD & on the spine
This release seems to be later than 2006 repressing 'cause Warner Music Group signed an agreement to purchase a majority in shares of Roadrunner Records' parent company, Roadrunner Music Group B.V., on December 18, 2006.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 16861 82582 9
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): Z61440 3 182582-2 TEXT 04
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): Z61440 3 182582-2 TEXT 04
- Other (Mould Stamp Variant 1): M1S2
- Other (Mould Stamp Variant 2): M1S4
- Mastering SID Code (Inner Ring Variant 1): ifpi L909
- Mastering SID Code (Outer Ring Variant 1): ifpi L909
- Mastering SID Code (Inner Ring Variant 2): ifpi L909
- Mastering SID Code (Outer Ring Variant 2): ifpi L909
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2U7B
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 2U8K
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 25) View All
|RR 9169-2||Cynic (2)||Focus (CD, Album)||Roadrunner Records||RR 9169-2||USA & Canada||1993||Sell This Version|
|RR 9169-4||Cynic (2)||Focus (Cass, Album)||Roadrunner Records||RR 9169-4||US||1993||Sell This Version|
|168 618 258-2||Cynic (2)||Focus (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Roadrunner Records||168 618 258-2||US||2004||Sell This Version|
|MASS CD 0834||Cynic (2)||Focus (CD, Album)||Metal Mind Productions||MASS CD 0834||Poland||2001||Sell This Version|
|none||Cynic (2)||Focus (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Cynic (3)||none||Bulgaria||Unknown||Sell This Version|