Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Best Foot Forward (Alternate Version)||1:16|
|A2||Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt (Alternate Take Without Overdubs)||6:43|
|A3||The Number Song (Cut Chemist Party Mix)
Remix – Cut Chemist
|A4||Changeling (Original Demo Excerpt)||1:00|
|A5||Stem (Cops 'N' Robbers Mix)||3:48|
|B2||Red Bus Needs To Leave!||2:45|
|B3||What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 4)||5:09|
|B4||Mutual Slump (Alternate Take Without Overdubs)||4:21|
|B5||Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)||4:29|
|C1||Why Hip-Hop Sucks In '96 (Alternate Take)||0:54|
|C2||Midnight In A Perfect World (Gab Mix)
Rap [Featuring] – Gab*Written-By – Josh Davis, T. Parker*
|C3||Napalm Brain (Original Demo Beat)||0:35|
|C4||What Does Your Soul Look Like (Peshay Remix)
Remix, Producer [Additional] – Peshay
|D1||Live In Oxford, England, Oct. 30. 1997
DJ Mix – DJ Shadow
- Recorded At – The Glue Factory
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal-Island Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Universal-Island Records Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Island Def Jam Music Group
- Recorded At – Oxford Brookes University
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – BBC
- Licensed From – BBC Music
- Lacquer Cut At – Capitol Mastering
- Pressed By – United Record Pressing
- Remixed At – The Red October Chemical Storage Facility
- Designed At – Oddopolis
- Art Direction – Vartan (4)
- Assemblage [Montage Photography] – Barney Bankhead, Will*
- Coordinator [Production Coordination] – Monique McGuffin
- Design – Ryan Rogers
- Lacquer Cut By – RM*
- Layout [Photo Coordination] – Ryan Null
- Mastered By – Gavin Lurssen
- Photography By – B Plus (2)
- Producer, Mixed By, Supervised By [Compilation], Liner Notes – DJ Shadow
- Research [Licensing] – Kelly Martinez
- Supervised By [Compilation] – Dana Smart
- Supervised By [Compilation], Management – Jamal Chalabi
- Written-By – DJ Shadow (Josh Davis)* (tracks: A1 to C1, C3 to D1)
Sleeve spine reads: Endtroducing..... DJ Shadow Excessive Ephemera
A3 remixed at The Red October Chemical Storage Facility. Originally issued on single Midnight In A Perfect World / The Number Song, ffrr 162-531-084, 1997.
A5, B1, B2 originally issued on Mo'Wax single Stem, MW058, October 1996.
B5 originally issued on Mo'Wax single High Noon, MW063S, October 1997.
C2 originally issued on Mo'Wax single Midnight In A Perfect World, MW057, September 1996. Recorded in the late Summer of '95.
C4 originally issued on Mo'Wax single What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1) Remixes, MW087, January 1998.
D1 recorded for BBC Radio 1 at Oxford Brooks University, 30th October 1997. ℗ 2005 BBC. Released by arrangement with BBC Music.
All tracks except D1 recorded @ The Glue Factory, San Francisco. Mastered at The Mastering Lab, Hollywood, CA. Lacquer cutting by Capitol Mastering Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Mastered By Gavin Lurssen on D Side inner sleeve as is, and Gl on matrix.
Design: Ryan Rogers, Oddopolis.
Thanks to Chris Dwyer, Brent Locke, David O'Bryan, David Sharpe, Adam Starr, Claire Sugrue.
℗© 2005 Universal-Island Records, Ltd. Manufactured by the Island Def Jam Music Group - U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, hand etchings): B.0005958-01-A Gl RM ⓤ
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, hand etchings): B.0005958-01-B Gl RM ⓤ
- Matrix / Runout (Side C, hand etchings): B.0005958-01- C Gl RM ⓤ
- Matrix / Runout (Side D, hand etchings): B.0005958-01- D Gl RM ⓤ