Tracklist Hide Credits
- Alto Saxophone – Paul Desmond (tracks: A1 to A9, C1 to C5, D1 to D4)
- Bass – Fred Dutton (tracks: D2), Jack Weeks (tracks: A1 to A9), Ron Crotty (tracks: A10 to A12, B1 to B11, D3), Wyatt "Bull" Ruther* (tracks: C4 to C5, D1, D4)
- Bassoon – Fred Dutton (tracks: D2)
- Clarinet – Bill Smith* (tracks: A1 to A9)
- Design – Christos Peterson
- Drums – Cal Tjader (tracks: A10 to A12, B1 to B11), Herb Barman (tracks: C4, D2, D4), Lloyd Davis (2) (tracks: C1 to C3, C5, D1, D3)
- Edited By – Kyle Kinsey, Susan Schwartzman
- Percussion – Cal Tjader (tracks: A1 to A12, B1 to B11)
- Photography By [Cover] – David Gahr
- Piano – Dave Brubeck
- Research – Catherine Shallis Morphet, Iola Brubeck, Russell S. Gloyd*
- Tenor Saxophone – Dave Van Kriedt (tracks: A1 to A9)
- Trombone – Bob Collins (2) (tracks: A1 to A9)
- Trumpet – Dick Collins (tracks: A1 to A9)
- Vibraphone – Cal Tjader (tracks: A10 to A12, B1 to B11)
White cassette housing with white paper labels.
Program contents and sequence selected by Dave Brubeck, 1980.
All selections recorded in San Francisco from 1948-1953 except D1 to D3 which were recorded at Storyville in Boston, 1952 and D4 and E5 which were recorded at the Surf Club in Hollywood, 1951. Side Six was recorded in 1956 in San Francisco.