Tracklist Hide Credits
- Record Company – Toshiba EMI Ltd
- Licensed To – EMI Records Ltd.
- Manufactured By – Toshiba EMI Ltd
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Jones Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mainman S.A.
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Published By – Chrysalis Music Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Bewlay Bros. Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Jones Music America
- Copyright (c) – Chrysalis
- Copyright (c) – Fleur Music
- Designed At – Reiner Design Consultants, Inc.
- Bass – Tony Visconti (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Cover [Original Kick Cover Photography By], Cover [Original Gown Cover Photography By] – Brian Ward (5)
- Design [Original Foldout Album Design] – Witt Hamburg
- Design [Original Gown Cover Designed By] – Keef (4)
- Design [Package Design] – Reiner Design Consultants, Inc.
- Drums – Mick Woodmansey (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Guitar – Mick Ronson (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Photography By [Additional Photography By] – Brian Ward (5), Mick Rock
- Producer – Tony Visconti (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Remastered By [Digital Remastering Assisted By] – Jonathan Wyner
- Remastered By [Digital Remastering By] – Dr. Toby Mountain*
- Synthesizer – Ralph Mace (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Vocals, Guitar – David Bowie (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Written-By – David Bowie (tracks: 1 to 9)
© 1990 EMI Records Ltd.
Made in Japan
Stereo / Mono*
*Track 10 (Lightning Frightening) is mono
Tracks 1-5, 7-9, 12 and 13: Chrysalis Music Ltd. / EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
Tracks 6 and 11: Bewlay Bros. Ltd. / Chrysalis Music Ltd. / EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
Track 10: EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
Copyright (individual songs copyright credits, booklet only):
All songs Jones Music America (ASCAP) / Chrysalis (BMI) / Fleur Music (BMI)©1972
except "Black Country Rock" ©1970
Tracks 10-13 are bonus tracks, but Japanese release does not separate these tracks with on track lists with header (like USA and EU releases). However credits for tracks 1 to 9 and 10 to 13 are separated in booklet)
Toshiba-EMI Ltd. release for Japanese market.
This is early (1st) pressing of this CD for Japanese market.
Issued with 24 pages booklet (not folded spread sheet as Rykodisc and EMI CDs) that features extensive biography in Japanese, several colour and black and white photographs, lyrics in both English and in Japanese.
CD is silver disc (same as EMI EU first pressing, not picture disc like USA or later EU pressings) housed in classic jewel case with white tray. Obi contains: track lists, barcode, promo coupon above barcode and Sound+Vision logo (EMI EU and Rykodisc's first pressings were distributed without Sound+Vision logo)
About Arnold Corns (from booklet): Track 12 and 13 were released as single under the name of Arnold Corns in 1971. Group itself never really existed. Supposedly group's lead singer was David's discovery - Freddi Buretti.
Both of these songs were later re-worked for Ziggy Stardust album (for detailed text in booklet checked images)
X〜91▪5▪8 - indicates from when CDs will be available for rental
C▪5▪9 - Japan release date (C represents 1990 year)
Pricing: after and before and taxation - 2,620円 (2,544円)
円 - Japanese symbol for Yen
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed ; on obi only): 4 988006 644649
- Barcode (Scanned): 4988006644649
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): TOCP-6203 1A1 TO 3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): TOCP-6203 1M TO
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Other (International cat# ; on disc only): 7918372
- Other (Release dates ; on back cover & obi): X〜91▪5▪8 C▪5▪9
- Other (Pricing in JP¥): 2,620円 (2,544円)
Other Versions (5 of 191) View All
|SR-61325||David Bowie||The Man Who Sold The World (LP, Album)||Mercury||SR-61325||US||1970||Sell This Version|
|7243 521901 0 2, 521 9010||David Bowie||The Man Who Sold The World (CD, Album, Enh, RE, RM)||EMI, EMI||7243 521901 0 2, 521 9010||UK & Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|TCEMC 3573, TC-EMC 3573||David Bowie||The Man Who Sold The World (Cass, Album, RE, RM)||EMI, EMI||TCEMC 3573, TC-EMC 3573||UK||1990||Sell This Version|
|SR-61325||David Bowie||The Man Who Sold The World (LP, Album, Promo)||Mercury||SR-61325||US||1970||Sell This Version|
|6338041||David Bowie||The Man Who Sold The World (LP, Album, Unofficial, Gre)||Mercury (2)||6338041||UK||2015||Sell This Version|