Tracklist Hide Credits
Adapted By – Andy SummersArranged By – Andy Summers, Tony HumeckeBass – Chris ChildsComposed By [Also Sprach Zarathustra] – Richard StraussElectronic Drums [Simmons] – Jahmun Arran*Engineer – Geoff EmerickGuitar – Andy SummersKeyboards – Tony HumeckeProducer – Richard Rudolph
|6||Space Linkup/Earth Fallout||3:55|
|8||Nova/New Worlds/Also Sprach Zarathustra (Excerpt)
Composed By [Also Sprach Zarathustra] – Richard Strauss
|9||New Worlds Theme From 2010 (End Title)||2:30|
- Art Direction [Album] – Chuck Beeson
- Design [Album] – Donald Krieger
- Engineer, Mixed By [Remixed By] – Craig Huxley (tracks: 2 to 9)
- Management [Album Coordination: Mgm] – Harry Lojewski*
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Orchestrated By [Orchestral Music] – Herbert Spencer* (tracks: 2 to 9)
- Performer [Electronic Music] – Craig Huxley (tracks: 2 to 9), David Shire (tracks: 2 to 9)
- Producer [Score] – Craig Huxley (tracks: 2 to 9), David Shire (tracks: 2 to 9)
- Recorded By [Orchestral Music] – Aaron Rochin (tracks: 2 to 9)
- Score – David Shire (tracks: 2 to 9)
- Supervised By [Album Supervision] – Jonathan A. Zimbert
Orchestral music recorded at MGM Studios
Published by Blackwood Music, Inc. and affiliated Lion Music, Inc. (BMI)
"Also sprach Zarathustra" published by C.H. Peters Co.
"2010" published by Magnetic Publishing Ltd. represented by Reggatta Music. Administered by Illegal Songs, Inc. (BMI)/Tony Humecke Music (ASCAP)
Album mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering
All of the original music, with the exception of "New Worlds" and the second half of "New Worlds Theme" was entirely synthesized using the New England Digital Synclavier II, Yamaha DX-1 and Roland Jupiter-8. The Blaster Beam was used on "Reactivating Discovery." No resynthesis or sampling was employed on the Synclavier. All electronic music was recorded with an Amek 3500 mixing desk and Otari MTR 90 24-track recorder and remixed to a Mitsubishi X-80 digital recorder.
Illustration and Photography (C) 1984 MGM/UA Entertainment Co.
(C) 1984 A&M Records, Inc.
(P) 1984 A&M Records, Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.
[Disc] Made in Japan
Catalog number on the spine: CD5038
Catalog number on the inlay and disc: CD 5038
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Other (DADC Code): DIDX 253
- Matrix / Runout: CD-5038 2A1-52 075021503823
- Barcode: 0 7502-15038-2
Other Versions (5 of 14) View All
|CD 5038||David Shire||2010 (Original Music From The Motion Picture) (CD, Album)||A&M Records||CD 5038||UK & Ireland||1984||Sell This Version|
|395 038-1||David Shire||2010 (Original Music From The Motion Picture) (LP)||A&M Records||395 038-1||Portugal||1984||Sell This Version|
|SP-5038||David Shire||2010 (Original Music From The Motion Picture) (LP, Album)||A&M Records||SP-5038||Canada||1984||Sell This Version|
|CONTACT-CD19842010||David Shire / Tony Banks||David Shire / Tony Banks - 2010 - Odyssey Two (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Monolith Recordings||CONTACT-CD19842010||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|170091||David Shire With Andy Summers||David Shire With Andy Summers - 2010 Trilha Sonora Original Do Filme (LP, Album)||A&M Records||170091||Brazil||1984||Sell This Version|