- Record Company – E.M.I. Records
- Record Company – The Gramophone Co. Ltd.
- Manufactured By – The Gramophone Co. Ltd.
- Recorded At – De Lane Lea Studios
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Recorded At – The Hermitage
- Produced For – Edwards Coletta Productions
- Published By – Hec Music
- Pressed By – The Gramophone Co. Ltd.
- Printed By – Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd.
- Made By – Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd.
- Bass Guitar – Roger Glover
- Crew [Equipment] – Ian Hansford, Rob Cooksey, Ron Quinton
- Design – Castle, Chappell & Partners Limited
- Drums – Ian Paice
- Electric Guitar, Lead Guitar – Ritchie Blackmore
- Engineer – Alan O'Duffy, Lou Austin*, Martin Birch
- Keyboards – Jon Lord
- Lacquer Cut By – Pek*
- Lead Vocals – Ian Gillan
- Photography By [Chagford Studios] – Tony Burrett
- Producer – Deep Purple
- Written-By – Gillan*, Paice*, Lord*, Blackmore*, Glover*
First edition covers have a darker textured gatefold sleeve (depicting five b&w live photos inside) - the texturing is deep and defined, the spine is thicker, and the cover is thick. The opening edges had one 'flat sealed' at the factory, and the other open. The cover is also of '1 piece' manufacture - folding over at the bottom and glued internally at the top.
ANY COVER THAT IS:- thinner, has small texturing or less defined texturing, is paler, is smooth, is a '2 piece' cover (glued internally at the top and bottom), or has 1 edge 'folded over' and factory sealed is a LATER COVER and is not original.
The Gramophone Co. Ltd. appears at the beginning of the circular text on both labels - later copies have 'EMI Records' instead.
Initial quantities came with a lyrics insert printed in purple on both sides - and this was discontinued in 1973.
All 1st Pressings come in a 'polylined' EMI/Harvest inner sleeve depicting other artists' current releases on the Harvest label. This inner was discontinued in 1974.
Date code 7109 (September 1971) and printer’s credit on inner gatefold.
“Printed and made by Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd.”
Album Devised And Produced By Deep Purple For Edwards/Coletta Productions.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): SHVL.793A
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): SHVL.793B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped / etched): SHVL 793A-2U PE K
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped): SHVL 793B-3U
- Rights Society: MCPS. Britico. NCB
- Other (Printers code on rear cover): 7109
Other Versions (5 of 253) View All
|6215, SHVL 793||Deep Purple||Fireball (LP, Album)||EMI, Harvest||6215, SHVL 793||Argentina||1972||Sell This Version|
|WT-429||Deep Purple||Fireball (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Western Thunder Records||WT-429||Ukraine||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|BS 2564||Deep Purple||Fireball (LP, Album, RP)||Warner Bros. Records Inc.||BS 2564||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|SHVL 793, IE 064 o 92726||Deep Purple||Fireball (LP, Album, Tex)||Harvest, Harvest||SHVL 793, IE 064 o 92726||UK||1971||Sell This Version|
|P-8092W||Deep Purple||Fireball (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Warner Bros. Records||P-8092W||Japan||1974||Sell This Version|