|A3||Child In Time|
|B1||Flight Of The Rat|
|B2||Into The Fire|
|B4||Hard Lovin' Man|
- Printed By – Garrod & Lofthouse
- Made By – Garrod & Lofthouse
- Recorded At – I.B.C. Studios
- Recorded At – De Lane Lea Studios
- Recorded At – Abbey Road Studios
- Published By – Hec Music Ltd.
- Published By – Feldman
- Pressed By – Sonic Recording Products, Inc.
- Record Company – EMI Records Ltd.
- Produced For – Edwards Coletta Productions
- Artwork [Art Studios] – Nesbit, Phipps & Froome*
- Design [Cover] – Edwards Coletta Productions
- Engineer [Abbey Road] – Philip McDonald*
- Engineer [De Lane Lea] – Martin Birch
- Engineer [IBC] – Andy Knight
- Other [Equipment] – Ian (Bige) Hansford, Mick (Egg) Angus
- Photography By – Alan Hall (3), Mike Brown (22)
- Producer, Composed By, Concept By [Album Devised By], Arranged By – Deep Purple
Cover: is a genuine UK 1st press laminated gatefold GARROD & LOFTHOUSE with EMI and Harvest logo in lower right corner.
Labels: yellow/green Harvest labels with EMI logo and "Made in U.S.A."
Matrix # have both the original UK catalogue numbers (SHVL 777, A3 / B2) and the USA ones (K6398 / K6399). Both sides have "SON" hand etched, indicating Sonic Recording Products plant. All the other markings on dead wax mentioned above are hand etched as well.
Inner sleeve (with PATENT #3,337 119 on it): the records for this release were shipped to the UK in antistatic lined inner sleeves, which was not standard practice in the USA, as most companies used plain paper ones. But taking into consideration that they had to ship the records without covers, the exporters used antistatic-lined Clyde & Robert Bowers sleeves, which were patented in 1967 and remained in production until Summer 1974.
All regular editions of DEEP PURPLE IN ROCK in USA were pressed by WARNER BROTHERS, but circa 1974 EMI wanted to re-issue some of HARVEST albums and since they had an overstock of already printed covers for the 1st pressing, decided it would be cheaper to press the actual records abroad and import them without covers, thus saving on shipping costs. A decision was made to press the records in USA and as result limited number of copies has been ordered as initial run to be pressed at Sonic Recording Products, Long Island, New York. The records were pressed on British HARVEST label with "made in U.S.A." printed at the end of the label text, replacing the "Made in Gt. Britain" wording. This scheme was not as money saving as it was hoped to be and was abandoned after the initial run was imported.
Each track is a group composition
Made and Printed in Great Britain
IBC: Tracks A1, A3, B2, B3
Abbey Road: Track A2
De Lane Lea: Tracks B1, B4
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix (Label) Side A): SHVL 777A
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix (Label) Side B): SHVL 777B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etching Side A): SHVL-777-A-3 K-6398 SON
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etching Side B): SHVL-777-B-2 K-6399 SON
Other Versions (5 of 394) View All
|SHVL 777, 1E 062 º 91442||Deep Purple||Deep Purple In Rock (LP, Album, Gat)||Harvest, Harvest||SHVL 777, 1E 062 º 91442||UK||1970||Sell This Version|
|210096-1311, 21 0096-1 311||Deep Purple||In Rock (LP, Album, Gre)||Globus International, Globus International||210096-1311, 21 0096-1 311||Czechoslovakia||1991||Sell This Version|
|DEEPP 1, 7243 8 34019 1 8||Deep Purple||Deep Purple In Rock (2xLP, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Pur)||Harvest, Harvest||DEEPP 1, 7243 8 34019 1 8||UK||1995||Sell This Version|
|SAS--59, ( Y 507012234 K )||Deep Purple||In Rock (LP, Album)||Hero (4), Hero (4)||SAS--59, ( Y 507012234 K )||Malaysia||1970||Sell This Version|
|TC-SHVL 777||Deep Purple||Deep Purple In Rock (Cass, Album)||Harvest||TC-SHVL 777||UK||1970||Sell This Version|