Deltamorphon ‎– Oblivion Cages

Label:
AV Legacy ‎– none
Format:
5 × File, MP3, Album, 320 kbps
Country:
Released:
Genre:
Style:

Tracklist

1 Oblivion Cage I 11:28
2 Oblivion Cage II 5:50
3 Oblivion Cage III 6:04
4 Oblivion Cage IV 4:56
5 Oblivion Cage V 3:52

Credits

Notes

"...and now, it’s time to tell about the most recognizable music project of Vargas, Deltamorphon. The project started as collaboration between Vargas and Nullklever in September 2007. Deltamorphon “Oblivion Cages”, released by Space-Time Continuum in August 2008, was produced by Vargas using base tracks by Nullklever (10% of the result) and their own material (remaining 90%), during 2007-2008. Tracks from “Oblivion Cages” were played live two times, at the [NBK] festival and in the planetarium. The only big interview Vargas gave in June 2009 for the Senile Dementia Webzine was about Deltamorphon, mostly. The project was a huge success for Vargas, but, unfortunately, Deltamorphon did not go further because of escalating conflict between Vargas and Nullklever. The conflict entered its hot phase in May 2009, and since then Deltamorphon officially ceased to exist. Very likely, Nullklever just did not care about the project; Vargas wanted to go on, but Nullklever, who had the voice in everything regarding Deltamorphon, turned down track after track for unknown reasons… everything ended up in the void, as Nullklever described it years later on his private VK page. In the end, Vargas used most of the rejects in their other projects. According to the interview, “Oblivion Cages” never saw the CD release it obviously deserved because Vargas was busy with Alter-X and Nullklever just did not care. Four-release batch with materials from the planetarium festival (including Deltamorphon) was released by Space-Time Continuum in August, and the label went on hiatus for a while. But, as Vargas stated clearly, still, the project was a success with its resonance in Russia and even a bit outside Russia. Maybe, finally, Vargas was doing it right and they just needed to calm down and take it easy? Vargas wanted to re-record and reissue “Oblivion Cages”, but, sadly, it never happened. According to Vargas, “many different sound sources were used in this very spontaneous process of creation, for instance, various VSTi instruments, Kontakt libraries (Spectrasonics), even ITI samples… Everything could be used, even a silly sound, if there is a place for this sound in the final result, and if this sound expresses a nuance in the mood of album… Do you really think that it’s possible to have Omnisphere or even Absynth as a cheap VA solution or, on the contrary, DSI Evolver as VSTi? I agree that analogue devices will never disappear (DSI Prophet ’08 proves this point by existence of itself), but, pure analogue devices cannot be used for absolutely everything, the ones can be useful from time to time but not all the time”. The main inspiration for Vargas was always this world and many other, “artificial” worlds (books, movies, demoscene), and Vargas planned to play live improvisations in future, without “compromises” of the past, because Vargas, according to themselves, restricted / limited themselves a lot in their music, including Deltamorphon. “Oblivion Cages” was supposed to be a soundtrack to dreamland, but dreams rarely leave its place of origin…"

Originally released by Space-Time Continuum (Russia).

All tracks were produced between 2007 and 2008.

Other Versions (2 of 2) View All

Cat# Artist Title (Format) Label Cat# Country Year
STC-005 Deltamorphon Oblivion Cages(File, MP3, 320) Space-Time Continuum STC-005 Russia 2008
STC-005 Deltamorphon Oblivion Cages(File, FLAC) Space-Time Continuum STC-005 Russia 2008

Reviews