Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||A Pain That I'm Used To||4:11|
|2||John The Revelator||3:43|
|4||The Sinner In Me||4:56|
|7||I Want It All||6:09|
|12||The Darkest Star
Piano – Dave McCracken
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Venusnote Limited
- Copyright (c) – Venusnote Limited
- Licensed To – Mute Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Santa Barbara Sound Design
- Recorded At – Stratosphere Sound
- Recorded At – Whitfield Street Studios
- Mixed At – Whitfield Street Studios
- Mastered At – The Lodge, New York
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Grabbing Hands Music Overseas Ltd.
- Published By – JJSR Productions Inc.
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Pressed By – WWW.MEDIAMOTION.COM
- Manufactured By – EMI Philippines, Inc.
- Distributed By – EMI Philippines, Inc.
- Engineer – Ben Hillier, Richard Morris
- Mastered By – Emily Lazar
- Mastered By [Assistant] – Sarah Register
- Mixed By – Ben Hillier, Steve Fitzmaurice
- Producer – Ben Hillier
- Programmed By – Dave McCracken, Richard Morris
- Programmed By [Original Programming] – Andrew Phillpott (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Christian Eigner (tracks: 3, 7, 8)
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Arjun Argerwala*, Nick Sevilla, Rudyard Lee Cullers
- Recorded By, Mixed By [Assistant] – Devin Workman, Kt Rangnick
- Written-By – Phillpott* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Eigner* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Gahan* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Martin L. Gore (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 6, 9 to 12)
There is another edition glassmastered and pressed by F.A.S.
Official release date of "Playing The Angel" was the 17th October (UK), but the international copy available via Mute Germany was released on the 14th October (Germany's release day is Friday).
The booklet mistakenly credits Dave McCracken as the piano player in "I Want It All". However, there is no piano in "I Want It All". He really should be credited for the piano in "The Darkest Star."
The two cat.#(cdstumm260 0094634057707) are indicated on back cover and inside booklet.
Subtitle on the back cover: "Pain and suffering in various tempos".
Produced for 140dB.
Recorded at Sound Design, Santa Barbara; Stratosphere Sound Studios, New York
Recorded and mixed at Whitfield Studios, London
Tracks 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11 & 12 published by EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
Assigned by Grabbing Hands Music Overseas Ltd.
Tracks 3, 7 & 8 published by JJSR Productions Inc./Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
"John The Revelator" inspired by the traditional work of the same name.
All tracks mastered at The Lodge, New York.
℗ 2005 Venusnote Limited © 2005 Venusnote Limited under exclusive license to Mute Records Limited
The cover is 'grayscale'/black&white (vs. more detailed feathers, red & yellowish blocks found in other release covers). Booklet itself is then the same as with other releases.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned only): 094634057523
- Matrix / Runout: WWW.MEDIAMOTION.COM 3405752 @ 1 010115-NL
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LW04
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2107
- Label Code: LC5834
Other Versions (5 of 89) View All
|cdstumm260, 0094634057707||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||cdstumm260, 0094634057707||UK||2005||Sell This Version|
|int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album, Copy Prot., Promo)||Mute, Mute||int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523||Argentina||2005||Sell This Version|
|094634522922||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album, Copy Prot. + DVD-V, Multichannel, PAL)||Mute||094634522922||Argentina||2005||Sell This Version|
|88985336991||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (2xLP, Album, RE)||Sony Music, Mute||88985336991||Europe||2017||Sell This Version|
|int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album, Copy Prot.)||Mute, Mute||int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523||Europe||2005||Sell This Version|