Tracklist Hide Credits
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Venusnote Limited
- Copyright (c) – Venusnote Limited
- Licensed To – Mute Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Santa Barbara Sound Design
- Recorded At – Stratosphere Sound
- Recorded At – Whitfield Street Studios
- Mixed At – Whitfield Street Studios
- Mastered At – The Lodge, New York
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Grabbing Hands Music Overseas Ltd.
- Published By – JJSR Productions Inc.
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Distributed By – Helicon Records
- Engineer – Ben Hillier, Richard Morris
- Mastered By – Emily Lazar
- Mastered By [Assistant] – Sarah Register
- Mixed By – Ben Hillier, Steve Fitzmaurice
- Producer – Ben Hillier
- Programmed By – Dave McCracken, Richard Morris
- Programmed By [Original Programming] – Andrew Phillpott (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Christian Eigner (tracks: 3, 7, 8)
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Arjun Argerwala*, Nick Sevilla, Rudyard Lee Cullers
- Recorded By, Mixed By [Assistant] – Devin Workman, Kt Rangnick
- Written-By – Phillpott* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Eigner* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Gahan* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Martin L. Gore (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 6, 9 to 12)
The booklet mistakenly credits Dave McCracken as the piano player in "I Want It All". However, there is no piano in "I Want It All". He really should be credited for the piano in "The Darkest Star."
Subtitle on the back cover: "Pain and suffering in various tempos".
Produced for 140dB.
Recorded at Sound Design, Santa Barbara; Stratosphere Sound Studios, New York
Recorded and mixed at Whitfield Studios, London
Tracks 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11 & 12 published by EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
Assigned by Grabbing Hands Music Overseas Ltd.
Tracks 3, 7 & 8 published by JJSR Productions Inc./Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
"John The Revelator" inspired by the traditional work of the same name.
All tracks mastered at The Lodge, New York.
℗ 2005 Venusnote Limited © 2005 Venusnote Limited under exclusive license to Mute Records Limited
On backcover the two catalogue numbers are wrongly printed. They say cdstumm260 and 0094634057707.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 094634057523
- Label Code: LC5834
Other Versions (5 of 96) View All
|cdstumm260, 0094634057707||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||cdstumm260, 0094634057707||UK||2005||Sell This Version|
|lcdstumm260, 0094634243025||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album + DVD-V, Multich)||Mute, Mute||lcdstumm260, 0094634243025||Europe||2005||Sell This Version|
|094634522922||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album, Copy Prot. + DVD-V, Multichannel, PAL)||Mute||094634522922||Argentina||2005||Sell This Version|
|88985336991||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (2xLP, Album, RE)||Sony Music, Mute||88985336991||Europe||2017||Sell This Version|
|int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album, Copy Prot.)||Mute, Mute||int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523||Europe||2005||Sell This Version|