- Copyright (c) – Motown Record Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Motown Record Corporation
- Recorded At – MoWest Studios
- Recorded At – Glen Glenn Sound
- Printed By – Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd.
- Made By – Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd.
- Record Company – The Gramophone Co. Ltd.
- Record Company – EMI Records Ltd.
- Arranged By – Benny Golson, Gil Askey, Oliver Nelson
- Arranged By, Conductor – Michel Legrand
- Bass – Arthur Edwards, Max Bennett, George "Red" Callender*
- Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone – "Caughey" Roberts*
- Conductor – Gil Askey
- Drums – Earl Palmer, Jesse Sailes*
- Engineer [Engineering And Technical Direction] – Guy Costa
- Engineer [Glen Glenn] – Dave Docendorf, John Norman (2)
- Engineer [Glenn Glenn] – Gordon Day
- Engineer [Mowest] – Art Stewart, Bill MacMeekin*, Cal Harris, Dave Ramsey (2), Larry Miles, Russ Terrana
- Executive-Producer – Berry Gordy
- Guitar, Banjo – John Collins (2)
- Piano – Chester Lane, Don Abney, Gerald Wiggins
- Saxophone – William "Buddy" Collette*, Ernie Watts, Georgie Auld, Jack Nimitz, Marshall Royal, Plas Johnson
- Trombone – George Bohanon, Grover Mitchell, Henry Coker, Jimmy Cleveland, John Ewing, Maurice Spears
- Trumpet – Albert Aarons*, Bobby Bryant, William "Cat" Anderson*, Harry "Sweets" Edison*, Teddy Buckner
Auto-coupled release with "Side 1" (A) and "Side 3" (B) were pressed together, as were "Side 2" (C) and "Side 4" (D).
Recorded at Mowest Studios and Glen Glenn Sound.
(C)1972 (P)1972 Motown Record Corporation
Issued in a gatefold sleeve.
This version has "EMI Records Ltd." on the rim text, different from this other UK version, Lady Sings The Blues (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), that has "The Gramophone Co. Ltd." This album was issued around the time that the company changed names from The Gramophone Co. Ltd. to EMI Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Other (Individual no. LP 1): STML 11311
- Other (Individual no. LP 2): STML 11312
- Matrix / Runout (Label LP1 - A-side): STML. 11311A
- Matrix / Runout (Label LP1 - B-side): STML. 11311B
- Matrix / Runout (Label LP2 - A-side): STML. 11312A
- Matrix / Runout (Label LP2 - B-side): STML. 11312B
- Other (Date sleeve printed): 7303
Other Versions (5 of 50) View All
|M 758-D||Diana Ross||Lady Sings The Blues (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2xLP, Album)||Motown||M 758-D||US||1972||Sell This Version|
|M 758||Diana Ross||Lady Sings The Blues (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP, Album)||Motown||M 758||Brazil||1972||Sell This Version|
|PST 5||Diana Ross||Lady Sings The Blues (7", MiniAlbum)||Tamla Motown||PST 5||Netherlands||1972||Sell This Version|
|530 135-2||Diana Ross||Lady Sings The Blues (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, Album, RE)||Motown||530 135-2||Europe||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|M4-758/2||Diana Ross||Lady Sings The Blues (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Cass, Album, RE, Dol)||Motown||M4-758/2||Canada||1980||Sell This Version|