Tracklist Hide Credits
- Acoustic Guitar – Bob Dylan, Merle Watson, Randy Scruggs
- Banjo, Backing Vocals – Earl Scruggs
- Electric Bass – Gary Scruggs
- Electric Guitar – Clarence White (2)
- Piano – Lea Jane Berinati
- Synthesizer – Gil Trythall
- Twelve-String Guitar – Jody Maphis
- Vocals – Wiley Morris, Zeke Morris
- Vocals, Acoustic Guitar – Doc Watson, Joan Baez
- Vocals, Electric Guitar – Roger McGuinn
This version has a B&W photo of Earl Scruggs on back cover. There are at least 2 other versions with different photos on back cover.
Came with an early version of "The Inner Sleeve", featuring Columbia Records music news.
Track A1 & A2 were recorded "live" at WSM's Grande Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee.
Tracks A3 & A4 were recorded "live" at Joan Baez's home in California.
Tracks A5 & A6 were recorded "live" at the home of Doc Watson in Deep Gap, North Carolina.
Track B1 was recorded at the home of Mr. & Mrs. Thomas B. Allen in Carmel, New York.
Track B2 was recorded at Athena Sound in Nashville.
Tracks B3 & B4 were recorded "live" at the Doug Underwood Ranch just outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
Tracks B5 & B6 were recorded at the home of Wiley Morris in Black Mountain, North Carolina.
Track B7 was recorded in and around Madison High School, Madison, Tennessee.
Track B8 was recorded in several segments in 1969 in Washington, D. C.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): PAL 30584 - 1D
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): PAL 30584 - 1E