Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Chasing The Crown||5:36|
Backing Vocals [End] – Bill Champlin, Dee Murray, Max Groenthal*Piccolo Flute, Alto Saxophone – Jim HornSynthesizer [Yamaha CS80] – James Newton Howard
|A4||Two Rooms At The End Of The World
Arranged By [Brass] – Jim HornCowbell – Clive FranksElectric Piano [Yamaha] – Elton JohnTenor Saxophone – Jim Horn
|B1||White Lady White Powder
Backing Vocals – Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Timothy B. SchmitBass – Dee MurrayRecorded By – Clive FranksRecorded By [Second Engineer] – David Leonard, Peggy Mcreary*, Stephen McManus
Chorus – Curt Becher, Joe Chemay, Jon Joyce, Peter Noone, Toni TennilleChorus, Arranged By [Chorale Vocal Section] – Bruce JohnstonEngineer [Choir Recording, Rumbo] – Steve Desper*Organ – David Paich
|B3||Never Gonna Fall In Love Again
Alto Saxophone – Richie CannataElectric Guitar – Steve Wrather
|B4||Take Me Back
Electric Piano [Wurlitzer] – Elton JohnFiddle – Byron Berline
|B5||Give Me Love
Arranged By [Brass] – Jerry HeyArranged By [Strings] – David FosterBacking Vocals – Bill ChamplinOverdubbed By [Piano] – Elton JohnPiano – James Newton HowardTenor Saxophone – Larry WilliamsTrombone – Bill Reichenbach (2)Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Larry HallWords By – Judie Tzuke
- Manufactured By – MCA Records (Canada)
- Distributed By – MCA Distributing (Canada)
- Published By – Big Pig Music Ltd.
- Published By – Jodrell Music Inc.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Beechwood Music Corp.
- Published By – Rocket Music Ltd.
- Published By – British Rocket Music Publishing Co.
- Recorded At – Superbear Studios
- Recorded At – Rumbo Recorders
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Overdubbed At – Sunset Sound
- Mixed At – Sunset Sound
- Mastered At – A&M Studios
- Copyright (c) – Sackville Productions Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sackville Productions Ltd.
- Acoustic Guitar – Richie Zito (tracks: A2, B3)
- Art Direction – George Osaki
- Backing Vocals – Carmen Twillie (tracks: A1, A3, B2, B5), Elton John (tracks: A2, A4, B3, B4), Stephanie Spruill (tracks: A1, A3, B2), Venette Gloud (tracks: A1, A3, B2, B5)
- Bass – Reggie McBride (tracks: A1 to A4, B2 to B5)
- Congas – Lenny Castro (tracks: B1, B5)
- Coordinator [Studio, Superbear] – Adrian Collee
- Design, Design Concept, Art Direction – Norman Moore
- Drums – Alvin Taylor (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B2 to B5), Nigel Olsson (tracks: A2, B1)
- Electric Guitar – Richie Zito (tracks: B1, B4), Steve Lukather (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B2, B3, B5)
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes] – James Newton Howard (tracks: A2, B2, B3)
- Engineer [Recording, Superbear] – Clive Franks (tracks: A1 to A4, B2 to B5), Patrick Jauneaud (tracks: A1 to A4, B2 to B5)
- Engineer [Second, Superbear] – David Burgess (6) (tracks: A1 to A4, B2 to B5)
- Flugelhorn – Jerry Hey (tracks: A2, B5)
- Keyboards [Electronic] – James Newton Howard (tracks: A3, B3)
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Music By – Elton John (tracks: A2, A3, B2 to B5)
- Overdubbed By – Clive Franks
- Overdubbed By [Second Engineer] – David Leonard, Peggy Mcreary*, Stephen McManus
- Photography By – Jim Shea
- Piano – Elton John (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B2)
- Producer – Clive Franks
- Tambourine – Clive Franks (tracks: A4, B2), Victor Feldman (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B4)
- Trombone, Trumpet – Chuck Findley (tracks: A2, A4)
- Trumpet – Jerry Hey (tracks: A4, B5)
- Words By – Gary Osborne (tracks: A2, B2, B4), Tom Robinson (tracks: A3, B3)
- Written-By – Elton John & Bernie Taupin (tracks: A1, A4, B1)
Track 2 credits "Rhythm Ace" Drum Machine to "Itself".
All songs written in Grasse, Cote d'Azur, August 1979.
All basic tracks (except "White Lady, White Powder") recorded during August 1979 at Superbear Studios, Nice, France.
"White Lady, White Powder" and all overdubs recorded January, February, March 1980 at Sunset Sound Studios, L.A."
Choir on "Dear God" recorded February 1980 at Rumbo Recorders, L.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): YES SON, AND HE'S MY DENTIST TOO MCA 2235-AM5 MCA-5121-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): MCA 2236-AM5 MCA-5121--B
- Rights Society: ASCAP
Other Versions (5 of 58) View All
|HISPD 126||Elton John||21 At 33 (LP, Album)||The Rocket Record Company||HISPD 126||UK||1980||Sell This Version|
|800 055-2||Elton John||21 At 33 (CD, Album, RE)||The Rocket Record Company||800 055-2||Germany||1989||Sell This Version|
|9103 511||Elton John||21 At 33 (LP, Album)||The Rocket Record Company||9103 511||Italy||1980||Sell This Version|
|9103 511||Elton John||21 At 33 (LP, Album)||The Rocket Record Company||9103 511||New Zealand||1980||Sell This Version|
|7131 189||Elton John||21 At 33 (Cass, Album)||The Rocket Record Company||7131 189||Netherlands||1980||Sell This Version|