Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Would I Lie To You
Bass – Nathan East
|A2||There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)
Backing Vocals – Angel CrossHarmonica – Stevie Wonder
|A3||I Love You Like A Ball And Chain||4:04|
|A4||Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves
Bass – Nathan EastDrums – Stan LynchLead Guitar – Mike CampbellVocals – Aretha Franklin
Celesta – Michael KamenLead Guitar – Mike CampbellVocals – Elvis Costello
|B3||It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back)
Arranged By [Brass Idea] – Michael Kamen
|B4||Here Comes That Sinking Feeling
Soloist [Keyboard] – Michael Kamen
|B5||Better To Have Lost In Love (Than Never To Have Loved At All)||5:06|
- Artwork By, Design – Laurence Stevens
- Bass – Dean Garcia (tracks: A2, B2 to B5)
- Chorus – The Charles Williams Singers (tracks: A3, A4)
- Drum Programming – Adam Williams (tracks: A3), David A. Stewart (tracks: A3)
- Drums – Olle Romö* (tracks: A1, A2, B1 to B5)
- Engineer – Adam Williams, Don Smith (tracks: A2, A4)
- Engineer [Additional] – Don Smith (tracks: B2)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jay Willis (tracks: A2 to A4)
- Guitar – David A. Stewart (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B2 to B5)
- Keyboards – Annie Lennox (tracks: A2 to B2, B4, B5), David A. Stewart (tracks: A2, A3, B4, B5)
- Management – Gary Kurfirst, Kenny Smith (6)
- Mastered By [Originally Mastered By] – Stephen Marcussen
- Mixed By – Adam Williams (tracks: A1 to B1, B3, B5), Don Smith (tracks: A3, A4, B2, B4)
- Mixed By [Special Help From] – Don Smith (tracks: A1)
- Organ – Benmont Tench (tracks: A1, A4)
- Photography By – Paul Fortune (2)
- Producer, Mixed By – David A. Stewart
- Recorded By [Drums] – Shelly Yakis* (tracks: A4)
- Saxophone – Martin Dobson (tracks: A1, B3)
- Sequenced By – David A. Stewart (tracks: A1, A3, B1, B3)
- Sequenced By [Keyboards] – Annie Lennox (tracks: B3)
- Strings – Michael Kamen (tracks: A2, B4, B5)
- Trumpet – Dave Plews (tracks: A1, B3)
- Vocals – Annie Lennox
Contains photo inner sleeve and track and lyrics insert.
Stevie Wonder appears courtesy of Motown Record Corporation.
Aretha Franklin appears courtesy of Arista Records, Inc..
Special guest vocalist Elvis Costello, appears courtesy of Columbia Records (USA & Canada) and F-Beat (world excl. USA & Canada).
Mike Campbell, Benmont Tench, Stan Lynch appear courtesy of "The Heartbreakers".
Recorded on Soundcraft
© 1985 RCA Ltd.
TMK(S) ® RCA Corporation
Printed in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 0 7863-55429-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 078635542912
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Etching): AJL1-5429-A-65 SLM Δ 9509 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Etching): Precision SM
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etching): AJL1-5429-B-65 SLM Δ 9509-X 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etching): Precision..
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Etching (variant 1)): AJL1-5429-A-56 SLM Δ 9509 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etching (variant 1)): AJL1-5429-B-45 SLM Δ 9509-X 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Etching (variant 2)): AJL1-5429-A-25 SLM Δ 9509 1-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etching (variant 2) ): AJL1-5429-B-35 SLM Δ 9509-X 1-1
Other Versions (5 of 102) View All
|PL 70711||Eurythmics||Be Yourself Tonight (LP, Album)||RCA||PL 70711||UK & Europe||1985||Sell This Version|
|PCD1-5429||Eurythmics||Be Yourself Tonight (CD, Album)||RCA, RCA Victor||PCD1-5429||US||1985||Sell This Version|
|RCLP 20336||Eurythmics||Be Yourself Tonight (LP, Album)||RCA||RCLP 20336||Greece||1985||Sell This Version|
|9897||Eurythmics||Be Yourself Tonight (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label||9897||Thailand||1985||Sell This Version|
|PK 70711||Eurythmics||Be Yourself Tonight (Cass, Album)||RCA||PK 70711||Italy||1985||Sell This Version|