Tracklist Hide Credits
- Artwork – Mick Haggerty
- Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Buster Marbury, Carol Hall, Donny Ray Mitchell*, Sweet Pea Atkinson
- Backing Vocals [Background Vocals], Backing Vocals [Background Vocal Arrangements] – Harry Bowens
- Bass Guitar, Drum Machine – Robert E. Clarke
- Composed By – Desy Campbell* (tracks: B4), Michael Ward (3) (tracks: A1 - A4, B1, B2, B3, B5), Robert E. Clark (tracks: A1 - A4, B1, B2, B3, B5)
- Congas – Kevin Tschirhart
- Coordinator [Studio Coordination] – Gemma Corfield
- Drums – Steve Ferrone
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Chris Irwin, Frank Filipetti
- Engineer [Assistant Engineering] – Bill Miranda*, Mike Bigwood, Noah Baron
- Engineer [Engineered By] – Steve 'Doc Ching' King*
- Guitar – Bruce Nazarian, G.E. Smith, John 'Dred' Edmed*, Randy Jacobs
- Guitar [Additional Guitar] – John Edmund (tracks: A2, A3)
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Desy Campbell*
- Management [Devotional Management] – Pat Bellis
- Mixed By – Frank Filipetti (tracks: A1, A4, B2 to B5), John 'Dred' Edmed* (tracks: A2, A3, A5, B1)
- Musical Assistance [Assistant To Floy Joy] – Gary 'Rusty' Kennedy
- Orchestrated By [Additional Orchestrations] – Paul Riser
- Orchestrated By [Orchestrations] – Paul Riser (tracks: A5)
- Other [Mouth Trumpet] – Joe Teir
- Photography [Band Photographs By] – Clare Müller*
- Piano, Synthesizer, Sampler [Emulator 2], Melodica – Luis Resto
- Producer [Produced By] – Don 'Don' Was*
- Producer [Production Assistance To Mr Was] – Garzelle E. McDonald*
- Synthesizer, Mandolin – Don Was
- Tenor Saxophone – David McMurray
- Vocals, Saxophone, Flute – Michael Ward (3)
Back of sleeve:
Top centre is a black and white photo of the band.
Lyrics to side 1 are shown down the left side, lyrics to side 2 are shown down the right side.
Titles of tracks A2, A3, A5, B1 are followed by '†' shown on the credit list as '†Mixed By John 'Dred' Edmed'
Centre bottom of sleeve:
"Extraordinary How Potent Cheap Music Is" - Noel Coward 1943
"The Monkey Dead" - Sweet Pea Atkinson 1985.
℗ 1985 Virgin Records Ltd. © 1985 Virgin Records Ltd.
Marketed by Virgin Records New Zealand Ltd. PO Box 37 -661, Parnell, Auckland
On the lists of lyrics the titles of the following are different from the tracklist shown under the photo:
Track A2 is shown as: Friday Night (In This Cold City)
Track B1 is shown as: Chinese A Go Go
Track B5 is shown as: It Makes No Difference
On the credit list, 'Anthony Was Kid From The Underworld'
On the credit list, 'Orchestrations On 'Just Ask The Lonely' refers to track A5 which is shown on both sleeve and label tracklist as 'Ask The Lonely'
Catalogue #, V 2368
Side 1, 'All tracks Composed Michael Ward/Robert E. Clark except 5 as noted'. (there is no 'note' against 5)
Side 1, 'All tracks Published Virgin Mus. (Publ.) Ltd. except 5 as noted'. (there is no 'note' against 5)
Side 1, titles for tracks 2 and 3 are preceded by the symbols * †, track 5 preceded by *
Under artists name, * Remixed by John Edmund, (these tracks are credited as 'Mixed By' on credit list on back of sleeve), † Additional guitar John Edmund
Side 2, under tracklist, 'All tracks Composed Michael Ward/Robert E. Clark except 4 as noted'
Side 2, title for track 1 is preceded by the symbol * , under artist name, * Remixed by John Edmund, (this track is credited as 'Mixed By' on credit list on back of sleeve),
Side 2, 'All tracks Published Virgin Mus. (Publ.) Ltd.'
Both sides, (P) & (C) 1986 Virgin Records Ltd.
Made in New Zealand
Track B5 is shown as: It Makes No Difference To Me
Virgin Records Ltd.
No credit for track A5
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 01981 236816
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 runout etched): V2368A
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 runout etched): V2368B
- Matrix / Runout (Label side 1): (V 2368A)
- Matrix / Runout (Label side 2): (V 2368B)
Other Versions (5 of 9) View All
|V2368||Floy Joy||Weak In The Presence Of Beauty (LP, Album)||Virgin||V2368||UK||1985||Sell This Version|
|TCV 2368||Floy Joy||Weak In The Presence Of Beauty (Cass, Album, Whi)||Virgin||TCV 2368||UK||1986||Sell This Version|
|207 585||Floy Joy||Weak In The Presence Of Beauty (LP, Album)||Virgin||207 585||Europe||1985||Sell This Version|
|CDV 2368||Floy Joy||Weak In The Presence Of Beauty (CD, Album)||Virgin Records Ltd.||CDV 2368||UK||1986||Sell This Version|
|V2368||Floy Joy||Weak In The Presence Of Beauty (LP, Album)||Virgin||V2368||Italy||1986||Sell This Version|