Frank Zappa – 200 Motels
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-3||Dance Of The Rock & Roll Interviewers||0:48|
|1-4||This Town Is A Sealed Tuna Sandwich (Prologue)||0:55|
|1-5||Tuna Fish Promenade||2:29|
|1-6||Dance Of The Just Plain Folks||4:40|
|1-7||This Town Is A Sealed Tuna Sandwich (Reprise)||0:58|
|1-8||The Sealed Tuna Bolero||1:40|
|1-9||Lonesome Cowboy Burt
Vocals – Jimmy Carl Black
|1-10||Touring Can Make You Crazy||2:52|
|1-11||Would You Like A Snack?||1:23|
|1-14||She Painted Up Her Face||1:41|
|1-15||Janet's Big Dance Number||1:18|
|1-16||Half A Dozen Provocative Squats||1:57|
|1-18||Shove It Right In||2:32|
|1-19||Lucy's Seduction Of A Bored Violinist & Postlude||4:01|
|2-1||I'm Stealing The Towels||2:14|
|2-2||Dental Hygiene Dilemma||5:11|
|2-3||Does This Kind Of Life Look Interesting To You?||2:59|
|2-4||Daddy, Daddy, Daddy||3:11|
|2-6||What Will This Evening Bring Me This Morning||3:32|
|2-7||A Nun Suit Painted On Some Old Boxes||1:08|
|2-9||Motorhead's Midnight Ranch||1:28|
|2-10||Dew On The Newts We Got||1:09|
|2-11||The Lad Searches The Night For His Newts||0:41|
|2-12||The Girl Wants To Fix Him Some Broth||1:10|
|2-13||The Girl's Dream||0:54|
|2-14||Little Green Scratchy Sweaters & Courduroy Ponce||1:00|
|2-15||Strictly Genteel (The Finale)||11:10|
|2-16||CUT1 "Coming Soon!..."||0:56|
|2-17||CUT2 "The Wide Screen Erupts..."||0:57|
|2-18||CUT3 "Coming Soon!..."||0:31|
|2-19||CUT4 "Frank Zappa's 200 Motels..."||0:11|
|2-20||Magic Fingers (Single Edit)||2:57|
|Video1||Original Theatrical Trailer|
- Artwork [Graphic Engineer, Original Album Package] – Cal Schenkel
- Bass – Martin Lickert
- Chorus – The Top Score Singers
- Composed By, Orchestrated By – Frank Zappa
- Conductor – Elgar Howarth
- Conductor [Choir] – David Van Asch
- Coordinator [Mission Control] – Jill Christiansen
- Design [Booklet Design] – Cal Schenkel, Ph. D*
- Design [Cover/poster Design & Illustration] – Dave McMacken*, The Institute, Inc.
- Design [Mgm Series Design] – Ph. D*
- Drums – Aynsley Dunbar
- Engineer [Live Recording] – Bob Auger
- Engineer [Over-dub & Re-mix] – Barry Keene
- Ensemble – Classical Guitar Ensemble
- Featuring – The Mothers Of Invention*
- Guitar, Bass – Frank Zappa
- Keyboards, Trombone – George Duke
- Keyboards, Wind – Ian Underwood
- Liner Notes [Reissue] – Patrick Pending
- Management [Bizarre Business] – Herb Cohen
- Management [Road Manager] – Dick Barber
- Narrator – Theodore Bikel
- Orchestra – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Percussion [Orchestra Drum Set] – Ruth Underwood
- Photography By – Ian Stock, Mark Volman
- Producer – Frank Zappa
- Remastered By – Toby Mountain
- Research [Project Anthropologist] – David Baker
- Supervised By [Classical Guitar Ensemble Supervised By] – John Williams (7)
- Technician – Dave O'Neil, Paul Hoff*
- Vocals, Other [Special Material] – Howard Kaylan, Mark Volman
- Voice [Of The "bad Conscience"] – Jim Pons
Original LP liner notes:
This music is not in the same order as in the movie. Some of this music is in the movie. Some of this music is not in the movie. Some of the music that's in the movie is not in the album. Some of the music that was written for the movie is not in the movie or the album. All of this music was written for the movie, over a period of 4 years. Most of it (60%) was written in motels while touring. The rest of it was either done at home or in our rented flat in London, just prior to shooting. The OVERTURE is a cosmeticized version of one of the themes from "A HOLIDAY IN BERLIN, FULL BLOW"... and WOULD YOU LIKE A SNACK? is a vocal version of the same theme. Some of the situations described in the song texts are real. Some of them are not real. You decide.
All selections published by Munchkin Music (ASCAP) except track 1-3 published by Frank Zappa Music (BMI).
200 Motels TM and © 1971, 1997 Metro-Goldwin-Mayer Inc.
Manufactured and marketed by Rykodsic under exclusive license.
The green-tinted jewel box is a registered trademark of Rykodisc.
Printed in the USA. Manufactured in Canada.
This release features an Enhanced CD track following the standard audio program on each disc. Enhanced CD is an exciting new format, endorsed by the computer and audio industries, which allows the listener to experience multimedia in addition to the audio program. The multimedia program on this disc includes the movie's theatrical trailer and a button that will launch your Web browser and then take you to the Rykodisc/MGM Website.
Produced by Bizarre Productions for United Artists Records.
Live recording facilities: The Mobile Rolling Stones.
Reduction facilities: Whitney Studios.
Remastering at Northeastern Digital Recording.
This CD edition includes a 56-page booklet and a movie poster.
Special thanks to Jeff Simmons from all members of the group.
This album is dedicated to anybody who was ever in The Mothers.
Don't forget to register to vote.
Thank you: Howard Kaylan, Herb Cohen, Janet Ferguson Hof, David McMacken, Don Preston, David Baker, Joe Black, Tom Brown, and Mr. Dunbar.
Special Thanks to the following people for their help in the rerelease of this album: Maggie Adams, Christine Bergren, David Bishop, Tom Briggs, Rodney Davis, Paul Dickman, Dirk Hebert, Mick Hodgson, Marla Ludwig, Frank Marcuso, Gregor Meyer, Chris Neel, A. Robert Pisano, Chris Saito, Michael Sandoval, Anthony Sclafani, Sheri Shapiro, Victoria Stokdyk, Track Swartz.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 14431 05132 6
- Mastering SID Code (CD 1&2): IFPI L481
- Mould SID Code (CD1): IFPI 8150
- Mould SID Code (CD2): IFPI 8149
- Matrix / Runout (CD1 (Mirrored)): DADR 12UR1<0910>RCD10513
- Matrix / Runout (CD2 (Mirrored)): CD-ROM DADR12XP1<0910>RCD10514
Other Versions (5 of 51) View All
|UAS 9956||Frank Zappa||200 Motels (2xLP, Album, Gat)||United Artists Records||UAS 9956||US||1971||Sell This Version|
|UAS 7045||Frank Zappa||200 Motels (LP, Album)||United Artists Records||UAS 7045||South Africa||1972||Sell This Version|
|UAS 9956||Frank Zappa||200 Motels (2xLP, Album, Gat)||United Artists Records||UAS 9956||Philippines||1971||Sell This Version|
|SUAL-934326/7||Frank Zappa||200 Motels (2xLP, Album, Gat)||United Artists Records||SUAL-934326/7||Australia||1972||Sell This Version|
|UAS. 9956||Frank Zappa||200 Motels (2xLP, Album, Gat)||United Artists Records||UAS. 9956||India||1975||Sell This Version|