- Art Direction, Illustration [Illustrator] – John Williams (30)
- Baritone Saxophone – Marginal Chagrin
- Bass Guitar, Vocals – Arthur Barrow
- Contrabass Saxophone [Bass Sax] – Stumuk
- Coordinator [Project Co-ordinator] – Steve Allsberg
- Drums [And Combustible Vapors] – Vinnie Colaiuta
- Engineer [Assistant] – Barbara Issak, Thomas Nordegg, Tom Cummings
- Engineer [Re-mix] – Mick Glossop, Steve Nye
- Engineer [Recording] – Joe Chicarelli*
- Engineer [Special] – Claus Wiedemann, David Gray (5)
- Harmonica – Craig Steward
- Keyboards – Peter Wolf (3), Tommy Mars
- Lacquer Cut By – SR/2*
- Lead Guitar, Vocals, Written By, Composed By, Arranged By, Conductor, Producer – Frank Zappa
- Lead Vocals – Ike Willis
- Management – Glotzer Management
- Other [Press Information, Phonogram] – Marv Greifinger
- Other [Press Information, Wartoke Concern] – Jane Friedman
- Percussion – Ed Mann
- Photography By [Cover] – Norm Seeff*
- Rhythm Guitar, Vocals – Warren Cucurullo*
- Slide Guitar, Vocals – Denny Walley
- Technician [Monitor System] – Jim*, Stumuk
- Tenor Saxophone – Jeff*
- Vocals – Al Malkin, Dale Bozzio
"Includes: 4 page full colour booklet.
CBS 86101 This sticker is removable".
Studios: Village Recorders "B" & Ken-Dun "D"
© ℗ 1979 Frank Zappa [CBS logo] is a Registered Trademark of CBS Inc.
Licensed for the use of records for public perfomance may be obtained from Phonographic Perfomance Ltd., Ganton House, 14-22 Ganton Street, London W.1.
Interpak I by Shorewood Packaging Co Ltd., England.
Full-color 4-page 12"x12" illustrated lyric sheet.
Some releases has the vinyl contained in black & white half-tone liner wallet,
with large 'join-the-dots' Zappa logo and 'Warning/Guarantee' stamp.
"Barking Pumpkin Records" logo on reverse.
Made in England
Note: On this first UK issue, the following tracks:
B1: Became "Fembot In A Wet T-Shirt" and
B2: Became "On The Bus" on later issues of "Acts I, II & III" as a set.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side run-out, hand-etched, variant 1): S-CBS-86101-A2
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side run-out, hand-etched, variant 1): S-CBS-1̶0̶1̶ 86101-B2
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side run-out, hand-etched, variant 2): S-CBS-86101-A₂ 1 Λ
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side run-out, hand-etched, variant 2): CBS. S·86101·B.1 CBS- 86101-B₁₂̶ Λ
- Matrix / Runout (A&B-Sides run-out, hand-etched. SR underlined over the 2.): SR/2
- Rights Society: MCPS / BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0149
- Price Code (Boxed): CB 271
- Price Code (Circled): 57
Other Versions (5 of 44) View All
|SRZ-1-1603||Zappa*||Joe's Garage Act I (LP, Album, Gat)||Zappa Records||SRZ-1-1603||US||1979||Sell This Version|
|CBS 86101||Zappa*||Joe's Garage Act I (LP, Album, Gat)||CBS||CBS 86101||Greece||1979||Sell This Version|
|VACK-1238||Frank Zappa||Joe's Garage Act 1 (CD, Album, Promo, RE, RM)||Videoarts Music||VACK-1238||Japan||2002||Sell This Version|
|40-86101||Frank Zappa||Joe's Garage Act I (Cass, Album)||CBS||40-86101||UK & Europe||1979||Sell This Version|
|VACK-1343||Frank Zappa||Joe's Garage Act 1 (CD, Album, Unofficial, Min)||Videoarts Music (2)||VACK-1343||Russia||Unknown||Sell This Version|