Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-1||Uncle Meat: Main Title Theme||1:55|
|1-2||The Voice Of Cheese||0:26|
|1-3||Nine Types Of Industrial Pollution||6:00|
|1-5||Dog Breath, In The Year Of The Plague||3:58|
|1-6||The Legend Of The Golden Arches||3:27|
|1-7||Louie Louie (Live At The Royal Albert Hall, London)
Written-By – Richard Berry
|1-8||The Dog Breath Variations||1:48|
|1-9||Sleeping In A Jar||0:50|
|1-10||Our Bizarre Relationship||1:05|
|1-11||The Uncle Meat Variations||4:45|
|1-12||Electric Aunt Jemima||1:46|
|1-13||Prelude To King Kong||3:38|
|1-14||God Bless America (Live At The Whiskey A Go Go)||1:10|
|1-15||A Pound For A Brown On The Bus||1:29|
|1-16||Ian Underwood Whips It Out (Live On Stage In Copenhagen)||5:05|
|1-17||Mr. Green Genes||3:14|
|1-18||We Can Shoot You||2:03|
|1-19||"If We'd All Been Living In California..."||1:13|
|1-22||Cruising For Burgers||2:17|
|2-1||Uncle Meat Film Excerpt Part I||37:34|
|2-2||Tengo Na Minchia Tanta||3:46|
|2-3||Uncle Meat Film Excerpt Part II||3:51|
|2-4||King Kong Itself (As Played By The Mothers In A Studio)||0:49|
|2-5||King Kong (Its Magnificence As Interpreted By Dom DeWild)||1:21|
|2-6||King Kong (As Motorhead Explains It)||1:44|
|2-7||King Kong (The Gardner Varieties)||6:17|
|2-8||King Kong (As Played By 3 Deranged Good Humour Trucks)||0:34|
|2-9||King Kong (Live On A Flat Bed Diesel In The Middle Of A Race Track At A Miami Pop Festival ... The Underwood Ramifications)||7:23|
- Composed By – Frank Zappa (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 1-8 to 1-22, 2-1 to 2-9)
- Design [Cd Repackage] – Ferenc Dobronyi
- Design [Original Package Design & Design Consultant] – Cal Schenkel
- Drums [On Some Pieces Before He Quit To Join Rhinoceros] – Billy (The Oozer) Mundi*
- Drums, Other [Droll Humor, Poverty] – Jimmy Carl Black
- Drums, Timpani, Vibraphone, Marimba, Xylophone, Bells, Percussion [Small Chimes, Wood Blocks], Other [Cheerful Outlook & Specific Enquiries] – Artie (With The Green Mustache) Tripp*
- Electric Bass, Other [Cheesburgers], Voice [Pachuco Falsetto] – Roy Estrada
- Electric Piano, Other [Tarot Cards, Brown Rice] – Don (Dom De Wild) Preston*
- Engineer – Richard Kunc*
- Engineer [Percussion Effects] – Jerry Hansen
- Guitar, Vocals [Low Grade], Percussion, Producer – Frank Zappa
- Marimba, Vibraphone [On Many Of The Tracks] – Ruth Komanoff
- Organ [Electric], Piano, Harpsichord, Celesta [Celeste], Flute, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Other [Special Assistance, Industrial Relations, Teen Appeal], Copyist – Ian Underwood
- Piccolo Flute, Flute, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Bassoon [All Of These Electric And/or Non-electric Depending] – Bunk (Sweetpants) Gardner*
- Soprano Vocals – Nelcy Walker (tracks: 1-5, 1-11)
- Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax Stylings], Tambourine, Other [Pop Star, Choreography, Obstinance, Equipment Setter-upper] – Euclid James (Motorhead/Motorishi) Sherwood*
- Vocals [Swell] – Ray Collins
- Voice [Uncredited] – Pamela Zarubica (tracks: 1-2, 1-10)
All compositions controlled worldwide by The Zappa Family Trust d/b/a Frank Zappa Music (BMI) except "Louie Louie" published by Longitude Music Co. (BMI).
© 1968, 1995 all lyrics, music and arrangements of this material copyrighted for the world by The Zappa Family Trust d/b/a Frank Zappa Music.
℗ 1987 Rykodisc. © 1969, 1995 The Zappa Family Trust.
The green-tinted jewel box is a registered trademark of Rykodisc.
Printed in USA. Manufactured in Canada.
Digitally remastered, 1986.
Digitally remixed, 1987.
FZ approved master, 1993.
From the liner notes:
"The music on this album was recorded over a period of about 5 months from October 1967 to February 1968. Things that sound like a full orchestra were carefully assembled, track by track through a procedure known as over-dubbing. The weird middle section of DOG BREATH (after the line "Ready to attack") has forty tracks built into it. Things that sound like trumpets are actually clarinets played through an electric device made by Maestro with a setting labeled Oboe D'Amore and sped up a minor third with a V.S.O. (variable speed oscillator). Other peculiar sounds were made on a Kalamazoo electric organ. The only equipment at our disposal for the modification of these primary sounds was a pair of Pultec Filters, two Lan Equalizers, and three Melchor Compressors built into the board at Apostolic Studios in New York. The board itself is exceptionally quiet and efficient (the only thing that allowed us to pile up so many tracks) and is the product of Mr Lou Lindauer's imagination & workmanship. The material was recorded on a prototype Scully 12 track machine at 30 ips. The whole project was engineered by Richard Kunc or Dynamite Dick, as he is known to the trade. Special engineering credits go to Jerry Hansen for the percussion effects added later at Sunset Sound in L.A., and to our friend Mike in Copenhagen for the tapes he sent us."
"The words to the songs on this album were scientifically prepared from a random series of syllables, dreams, neuroses & private jokes that nobody except the members of the band ever laugh at, and other irrelevant material. They are all very serious & loaded with secret underground candy-rock psychedelic profundities. (Basically this is an instrumental album.)"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 14431 05062 6
- Matrix / Runout (CD1, Variant 1): WEA mfg. Olyphant Y11982 A4 P2 310506-2.1 02 M1S2
- Matrix / Runout (CD1, Variant 2): WEA mfg. Olyphant Y11982 A4 P2 310506-2.1 02 M1S3
- Matrix / Runout (CD1, Variant 3): WEA mfg. Olyphant Y11982 A4 P2 310506-2.1 02 M1S5 CI
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): ifpi L903
- Mould SID Code (CD1, Variant 1): IFPI 2U3W
- Mould SID Code (CD1, Variant 2): IFPI 2U4C
- Mould SID Code (CD1, Variant 3): IFPI 2U6B
- Matrix / Runout (CD2, Variant 1): WEA mfg. Olyphant X12068 A4 P2 310506-2.2 01 M1S1
- Matrix / Runout (CD2, Variant 2): WEA mfg. Olyphant X12068 A4 P2 310506-2.2 01 M2S1
- Matrix / Runout (CD2, Variant 3): X24305 A4 P2 310506-2.2 02 M0S1
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): ifpi L902
- Mould SID Code (CD2, Variant 1): IFPI 2U7A
- Mould SID Code (CD2, Variant 2): IFPI 2U4C
- Mould SID Code (CD2, Variant 3): IFPI 2U6B
Other Versions (5 of 51) View All
|2MS 2024, 2024||The Mothers Of Invention*||Uncle Meat (2xLP, Album, Aut)||Bizarre Records, Bizarre Records, Reprise Records||2MS 2024, 2024||US||1969||Sell This Version|
|CDD ZAP3, CDDZAP 3||Frank Zappa||Uncle Meat (2xCD, Album)||Zappa Records, Zappa Records||CDD ZAP3, CDDZAP 3||Europe||1987||Sell This Version|
|RCD 10506/07||Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention*||Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention* - Uncle Meat (2xCD, Album, RE, RM, RP)||Rykodisc||RCD 10506/07||US||Unknown||Sell This Version|
|JPCD 2000141/42||Frank Zappa, The Mothers Of Invention*||Frank Zappa, The Mothers Of Invention* - Uncle Meat (2xCD, Album, Unofficial)||ООО "ДОРА"||JPCD 2000141/42||Russia||2000||Sell This Version|
|RCD 10064/65||Frank Zappa||Uncle Meat (2xCD, Album, RM)||Rykodisc||RCD 10064/65||US||1987||Sell This Version|